Sign in to follow this  
Scram

Members map symbols

Question

Scram

I was wondering what is the significance of the various personal symbols on the map.

Some get a blue bod and some a pinky-red bod and I get a little green house.  Does my little house only show to me?

2 answers to this question

Austin

Green house is you. Blue are forums members that are not BARCS members. Red are BARCS members.

• Like 1

Jef Ott

Interestingly, my recently departed Dad had the idea (a few years ago now, when F3K was in its infancy) of producing a Member Map for BARCS, he made a frame and mounted a suitable map on it, and took it along to the next AGM and soaring market.

He had a colour coding system which showed the disciplines, so that people could contact those nearest to them to ask questions and get help. 

In highly populated zones, he tagged the pins with a multiplying number to reflect the number of volunteers for each discipline in each area.

As we are slowly working through his belongings, disposing of each item in the right way, I got tasked with this item. Felt I had to bring this home and photograph it, to try and encourage a few more of you to participate. 

The 60+ pins in this map (and remember some of them have multiplier tags) were achieved in a morning when the membership ran to just a couple of hundred. 

I see that the Member Map is at last showing a reasonable response. Excellent!

To get to the Member Map, look at the top of the screen (yes scroll up to the top) there is a line which has "Home", then "Event Calendar", then one you may recognise "Forums", etc etc to the last one on the right "Member Map".

Simples. 

Member_Map.jpg