Crossover CoG

Scram

Hi Jerry

New toy or just the fact I havent seen you in a while???

I have found the set-up pdf for the crossover. It states 90-97mm and there is another thread on here where they say start at 96mm. I will try send you the pdf but I dont think I have your email address. PM it to me so I can send it across, it has all the throws for different flight modes.

Brett

Cheers Brett.

Yes, it is new to me but not new  :rolleyes:

Would be interesting to know where you found that as I have searched in vain ....................

• Like 1

I think I may have to get to your house a few minutes early on Saturday so I can have a quick look. 

Copy the link below into google chrome. Halfway down there is the link to the PDF (should be just above some images). Its in German but if you use google chrome there is the translate this page button just to the below the blue link you would normally use to open the PDF. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crossover+f3f+setup&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB629GB629&oq=crossover+f3f+setup&aqs=chrome..69i57.5151j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Let me know if you have any issues.

Oh and I found it purely because one of my systems at work is down so I have a few minutes to spare to use another system that allows me to select a website (Aer-o-Tec for example) and scrape it for pdf documents or datasheets, even ones you cant normally see but are linked to that company. Dont tell my boss cause we are not supposed to use it for personal stuff. :o

yeah, if you look at the search results and scroll half way down you will be able to see the Link to the pdf just above the images. After I found the pdf on the system I thought it must be on google cause I wanted to see if google could translate it. Thats why I sent you that link so instead of opening the pdf in german you can click on the translate the page so it shows you all the throws in english. 

• 2 months later...

I'm raising this again because I plan using this plane tomorrow for the first Winter series F3F and I'm checking the CoG for various amounts of ballast..

As my OP says ( and I have just checked it) my measured CoG (with/without fus ballast) is at 103mm and I have once flown it at this with no problem. 

My query is that the setup details provided in the link in my last post gives a CoG range of 90 - 97mm

Is this range hopelessly pessimistic? ......... or should that be cautious?

• Like 1

Sorry Jerry, cant help anymore other than to say I feel your pain. The past three nights I've been up till about midnight with the Willow and Skorpion double checking throws, cog's (with and without ballast) and generally just scratching my head a lot. 

Anyway, hope you get it sorted because I would like to get to see you fly it tomorrow. See you then mate.

Brett

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

Jerry im sure if you send an email to Stefan Edder he will reply fairly quickly

I have Soren Kroghs setup  but not the cg

Do you have his email address?  PM if you like.

I don't know who produced those setup values in that link of mine - it's not a modelling website.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scram said:

I don't know who produced those setup values in that link of mine - it's not a modelling website.

Hi Jerry

When I ran the Crossover details through our program at work it simply came up with that link as where the datasheet was stored on a server. Its possible at some point someone has listed it on their website and uploaded the datasheet and it has just never been removed from their servers. It looks like a website where you can set up an online business and sell all types of products, I suppose similar to companies selling on amazon just without amazon selling their own products. The fact its in German makes me think there could be a hobby shop in Germany who used to sell through that website but does not list the crossover anymore and the datasheet is just still available to view, if it can be found.

Brett