Richmond Park Sunday 11th Sept

MikeDLG

Carlos and I are getting together to fly in Richmond park next Sunday.  All are encouraged to join us.  

Its just a 'fun' flying day but I am keen to help out any new pilots to DLG. 

Later I will post details of the field location for anyone who hasn't been before, but you will want to park at Sheen Gate car park and walk down from there. 

• Like 2

Hi MikeDLG,

I would love to join you but Sundays are out for me. Be pleased to hear of any Saturday meets in the future.

We may be able to do Saturday instead, if it makes a difference for enough people. Well, I can do both, I guess :-) 

Marin Mitev

As I work on Saturdays up to 1 00pm I will be there 2 30 may be. Sundays are OK for me. I am just waiting next weekend. I think Nick will come also.

Hi Mike that is good idea I will join as well  , I'm free Saturday and Sunday

I will be very happy to get some advice or to tell me somebody what mistakes I make when I fly

Thanks 

I think Sunday it is. My brother can only make Sunday as well. 

Will certainly do a Saturday in the future though. 

So, kinda late notice, but we are going to be flying Saturday as the weather looks to be much better Saturday, at least the wind will be much lower than Sunday.  I am still available to fly Sunday as well, so please let me know who is coming on Sunday.  Check the wind speed first!

Carlos and I will be there from about Midday I guess.  We have to set up his Taranis first.  But feel free to turn up anytime.

Link to car park and flying field below:

https://goo.gl/maps/pcEmRs3QjeJ2

Just walk directly down from the car park to the field, no need to follow the dotted line down the road.

Richmond Park - Sheen Gate car park to flying field.png

Will do Richard.

We running a bit behind, trying furiously to get Taranis sorted still. Hopefully head down to field soon.

11 hours ago, Richard Swindells said:

UK dlg FB page

UK dlg FB page? UK DLG Facebook page? Is there one?

About the event, can't make this event or next weeks comp...

Beautiful weather yesterday with variable wind and thermal activity. Really nice flying. The only negative was trying get Carlos's Taranis programmed, which wasted a lot of Carlos, Nick's and my flying time!

Not looking so nice today. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Had a really good day yesterday, even with having caught quite a severe case of Taranisitis! Thank you Mike and Nick for trying so hard to get the programming sorted - it will get there! Was great to fly again with 4 other gliders in the air. Cheers guys.