Sign in to follow this  
pete beadle

Wist Models - Poland

pete beadle

Hi all

Bit of a forlorn hope in my request for help here but, if you don't ask etc.......

I'm trying to get any details I can on a Polish model manufacturer called Wist model

They may have gone out of business by now, but certainly made lovely, if "old tech" models in the FIA F5 category - electric pylon racing - and "pure" gliders especially multi-use ones converted from their F5 ones, so, any help available out there?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702  

Mike_M

Hi Pete

I'd heard of them from f3a aerobatics, they make/made a model called a 'bravo', looks like they do a nice  big fox glider too

http://www.wistmodel.com.pl/

As you say im not sure if they are still on the go. worth an email?

Thanks

Mike

pete beadle

Hi Mike

Thank you, perfick! :thumbsup: Just what I wanted

My new next door neighbour is Polish - I'll print the front page and get him (or her) to translate for me

Depending on that info, I'll either get one of them to ring on my behalf or to send Wist an e-mail, in Polish, to see what they're doing now

Good looking Fox though, I agree.....:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Phil.Taylor

Pete - you can run that whole website through google-translate

SZD55 looks nice too

Phil.

pete beadle

Hi Phil

Yes, I thought of that, but I want some technical info, and Google Translate is infamous for literal translations of technical terms that are ambiguous - or even funny......

BTW I asked Staufenbiel if they had a set of instructions in English for the "Slopy" I recently bought, they said the only instructions they had produced were in German. and that they'd send me a set of German instructions in .pdf format so I could run them through Google Translate.......I got round this by going to Pierre Rondel's website where he had a superb build review in French - I speak enough technical French to get by(ish).....

What a pity neither plane was produced by MPX, their build notes in four languages are always excellent

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

pete beadle

Hi all

I did send an e-mail (in English) to wistmodel@wistmodel.com.pl  and received a reply from Pozdrawiam Witold Stefanski who said "I wish you a successful flight" - (of the Millenium 2 metre moulded glider I have just bought from Russell (BARCS For Sale and Wanted") and collected yesterday):yes:

Unfortunately the CAD drawings sent by WistModel were Corel Draw formatted files, and I couldn't open them without having to download Corel Draw 7,  but at least I've established that Wistmodel ARE still in business and do have the technical info I need, so I'm getting there......so, many thanks to MikeM for putting me on track, and I've now got the contact details I need to go forward (and hopefully upward)........ thanks again MikeM:thumbsup:......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

martynk
On 03/08/2016 at 18:52, Phil.Taylor said:

Pete - you can run that whole website through google-translate

SZD55 looks nice too

Phil.

SZD-55-1 A ray was done on a scale 1: 3,5.Rozpiętość modelu- 4286 mm, length - 1960 mm,   A wing profile HN-319 goes into the fuselage profile HN-304 is constructed of a composite shell and the foam spacer having a thickness of 1.5 mm pasted box girder roving of the carbon cloth and carbon and jack shuttlecocks balsowej plywood. Locking rib is made of carbon fabric with reinforcements at the openings on the pins of the suspension side with a recess for the plug servokabli. The wing has aileron hinge tape on the upper surface of the lever connection Serva and a place for attaching a profiled servomechanizmów closed canopy. Airbrake box is made of a laminated composite and the top and bottom sash covering, the brake flap has a curvature adapted to the profile of the wings. Place for Serva airbrake is from the bottom of the wing.   The ballast profile Naca 0009 is constructed of a composite shell and the foam spacers of 1mm beam of carbon roving wall balsowej beam of plywood and is attached with two screws M4 and a plastic hull. Headsets have hinge belt and the upper surface of both halves of the rudders are connected to each drive lever W-shaped steel wire 2 mm.   The fuselage is made of composite and reinforcement of roving carbon tubes are glued dowel suspension and wing nuts M4 fixing the ballast.   Rudder foam sandwich construction to 1 mm is pasted nuts M4 to the suspension in the hull.   The frame canopy is made of glass fiber and carbon roving. Fairing is embossed with PVC plates in a shade of brown.     Offered model is made to "ready" and requires only the installation of the equipment, check the position of the center of gravity and the size of the deflection rudders, and is ready to fly.

Best Google can do..

pete beadle

Thanks MartinK

I rest my case - "carbon and jack shuttlecocks balsowej plywood" - indeed!:rolleyes:

In this case I e-mailed WistModel, apologised for not having Corel Draw, asked if they could send the pics in another format, and Lo! this morning all three arrived in 'pdf format - I opened them and they were exactly what I needed, so I replied with my grateful thanks and they sent me a smiley......:thumbsup:

Thanks all

Pete

BARCS1702

ps - radio fitted in the Millenium, throws as recommended, CG as recommended, light westerlies to WS-westerlies predicted at Ivinghoe tomorrow, Fons Bolsens is over from Belgium and in dire need of a visit to the hill - so, maiden(for me)  booked for 12.00 - 1.00PM tomorrow (plus taking my AVA100"  just in case the wind drops):D

martynk

New technology for you Pete, beyond Carbon moulded and you know how stable a Shuttlecock is. :)

pete beadle

Hi MartynK

I know if you want to make a shuttlecock work you have to hit it - HARD - but stable?:no:

BUT, then again - "a place for attaching a profiled servomechanizmów closed canopy"....just gotsta get me one o' dem suckers dude, they is probly mega awesome, innit!B|

See, I'm rather fluent in the patois as well as the tech.......sick!:P

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi all

Quick update for all those waiting patiently for a report on the maiden at Ivinghoe - in one word - SUPERB

I know the Millenium is old tech, I know the colour scheme dates it, but - BOY - is it a pleasure to fly:D

Quick and slippery when it needs to be - without ballast don't forget - lovely smooth aeros - the walkers on the slope edge of the West Face looked like they were VERY satisfied with my superimposed loops directly into wind (NW) in particular  with the radius getting progressively bigger and bigger, rounder and rounder, nearer and nearer to cloudbase.......really, really impressive, all that was missing was the applause.......

To say I'm pleased with it's performance is an understatement - with thanks to WistModel for it's lovely surface finish and capabilities - YES I'm a very happy bunny:thumbsup::yes::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

rwhitt

Hi Pete

Just seen this and pretty sure it's me that sold you the Millenium.....surely can't be two Russells selling a polish made f5j converted to a glider model! :D

Pleased to hear the maiden was a success :) sounds like it was on the money with your setup. It does go where you aim it and for a company that I had not heard of the finish is really very impressive!

Hope it provides many many more enjoyable flights :)

..............now if it wasn't me I look a prize plum :D

pete beadle

Hi Russell

Yep, there aren't two Russell's, as far as I know, so no prize plummery!:yes:

I've flown it quite a bit now and it's had its first whoopsie too, which means it's currently on the repair job list with a crumpled wing tip, but luckily, as it wasn't a serious one, I'm not rushing it and, as long as I get time over Christmas it should be back to flying condition by the New Year Whether I'll be able to replicate the "polished glass" finish is a different matter, but I'll see.......

Currently, when I've got the weather, I'm flying my latest acquisition, a Kermit Green Vladimir "Sprite" 2M which is keeping the smile on my face in the absence of the Millenium so I'll end with the obligatory Smiley:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

rwhitt

Glad it's getting flown lots :) Shame about the little whoopsie, hopefully it will repair ok. I have a few models needing a repair or tidy up.....part of the hobby I think! :D

Nice looking model the Sprite! I recently bought an FVK Organic, one of Vladamirs older ships but quality, will have that flying next year :)

All the best

Russell

:)