13th Mosquito 14 Day Challenge

Tony Beckett

Tony Beckett

A new Challenge starts today.

Good soaring weather the last two days but rain forecast for today and then strong winds.....

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the F3K (up to 1.5m) or Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.
Object: Fly your F3K or Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Please post your times as follows:-. Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. Previous challenges for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

Hot session with the elf between 11- 11:45am 😅☀️

Tried a new site in village I work in. Tree lined football pitch, got a 3:00 then noticed a gap in hedge. Nice big waste ground with long grass but some tracks to launch from.

Plenty of narrow lift & bumpy to start with.

Got a 4:00 and specked but big sink, then hit a beauty, they just kept on coming, couldn't see it a couple of times. Then got some buzzards trying to attack me.

Landed at 10:14

phil carter elf 10:14 24/08/16

• 2 weeks later...

No opposition for Phil this time. That gives Phil 3 wins as against 3 for Dave and 3 for Jon, with Mike, Ian and Neil in there as well.

Weather unlikely for the next couple of days but I will put up the sheet for the 14th Mosquito Challenge of 2016.

• Like 1