Midland winter league 2016

isoaritfirst

What a shame Lee?

But the main thing is you have a job.

Hope you get a chance to catch up with us all very  soon bud.

👍

• Like 2

What a pity mate but as Les says at least you have managed to find something else. 

Im sure at some point you will get a chance to come race. Hope to see you soon mate. 

Brett 

• Like 1

Hope it all works out better for you Lee. 

Seems to be the way with jobs these days. All very transient. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful Long Mynd awaits...F3 f racers and their mates

Next Saturday is the day, So lets hope to play.

Its not always fast, but it's always a blast

Bright skies and a wind that is wheezy

would make the weather call eezy

RSVP on the event calender if you are thinking of coming along - makes my life easier

• Like 4

Looks 'Cracking' for you Mike, with such a good forecast I would have liked to join you to enjoy a days racing before our own comp, unfortunately we have our Whitesheet AGM on Sat evening otherwise I would be there to support your comp.

Stu.

Sorry Chaps, I am going to give tomorrow a miss.

a)  I have possibly got the opportunity to do some overtime at work

b) The forecast looks a bit off the slope

3) I have lost my motivation!

Well, I don't quite have Andy's reason for not going but I am on a promise if I don't go .........  ;)  ;)  :yes:   :yes: ...............

It's a long way for us to get to LM and the forecast is not conducive, so I'm afraid I'm crying off too.  We are having such crappy luck with the weather. It's a pity we can't be a bit flexible with the days.  I can understand Mike's reluctance in that we deny LMSA members the days flying there but, if we (who seem prepared to venture out in dubious conditions) cannot fly then neither will anyone else - unless they are nearby and can take advantage of a small window.  So if we announce a no-fly day and we take another day, the others (non-racers) are not actually denied more than before.  :huh:

..............  lunch with my sister n hubby in Derby   :P

And at that - I'm calling the event off.

Sorry guys but NNW just doesn't cut it for racing.

Not decided but I may go to Hay Bluff for the day.Or I may just go out on my bike.

Will be ballistic, which ever one I choose 

I still have faith...:rolleyes:

Pity, when I saw the westerly prediction I was really hoping it would be a good day. Not much we can do though. Hopefully I will get to see you all next month for a Christmas miracle. :lol:

I understand what Jerry is saying. Pinning hopes on 1 specific day a month for the weather to be just right to race is not good odds. A reserve Sat each month could be just that, a reserve only to be used if the original date is not. And every effort should be taken to fly the original to cause less disruption. 

I do agree 100% though that its not nice for the other club members to give up a days flying because we are racing. That is asking a lot and to then ask for a reserve would be an even bigger ask.

Then again stranger things have happened, like The Simpsons predicting Trumpie becoming president. Political opinions aside that was one hell of a fluke prediction. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well its another F3f Saturday fast approaching - and the wind is shifting from that next to useless Easterly at long last.

Entries are open on the link