Midland winter league 2016

isoaritfirst

Can't believe I'm about to say this but I have to pull out of the competition tomorrow. Im really sorry and wish I could been there. 

My wife's car broke down on the way to collect the boys from school. I'm trying to get it sorted out now but by the looks of it I'm going to have to get it collected in the morning and taken to a garage tomorrow. 

I have to get it sorted by Monday so she can get to work. Sorry guys, I bet Murphys law Im now going to miss the best comp of the winter season.

39 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Sorry guys despite a good prediction for tomorrow. The comp is off

5 entries is just not worth it. 

Sincerely apologise if me having to pull out effected the decision. I know 6 is not much more than 5 but I still feel bad. 

Im sure you all know if I could have been there I would have. 

Like you said Brett, 6 is only slightly better than 5. 

The problem is we need a core of 20 and we have less than 10. 

Then life gets in the way and the 10 cant all make it on the day  

I can't see a future for continuing with the events if I'm honest. 

I lack enthusiasm for chasing folk to enter and it always seems like they  have a lack of enthusiasm for entering. 

Ive tried for a number of years and it just gets harder. 

Its over to you all now. Without confirmed entries of more than 10 for the remaining events I will cancel them. 

2 hours ago, Brett82 said:

Sincerely apologise if me having to pull out effected the decision. I know 6 is not much more than 5 but I still feel bad. 

Im sure you all know if I could have been there I would have. 

You don't have to apologise for anything Bret.

Anyway we have January's and February to come yet.

Fingers and toes crossed 

• Like 1

Mike what you say is sad but true. There must be a way to get the numbers back up though. 

As Les says, everything will be crossed for January and February. 

18 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Sorry guys despite a good prediction for tomorrow. The comp is off

5 entries is just not worth it. 

Mike, I am sure that a legal comp was just about do-able today but I think " a good prediction" was gilding the lily. For Jerry and Brett it would have been a 2 1/4 hr drive each way , even more for me, to fly in 10mph air, with a forecast of decreasing winds and an increasing probability of rain in the afternoon.

Well, Myndcam is now showing wind 7-8kn gusting 9kn from the NORTH  :(

Would not have been a good day I think,  Boo hoo   :frantics:

PS, you can count on me for the rest of this season Mike.  After that, I might be assessing my priorities.

Yep. Todays wind is poorer than the predicted 8 -16 mph westerly Xc prediction last night  

My comments were not aimed at anyone who comes or chooses not too because it doesn't suit their circumstances  

just a comment that I have too small a field  of interested fliers   And consequently any comp is doomed to failure unless everything is predicted to being perfect, and consequently I get a full field of the 10 or so

So glad we didn't bother today with the way the weather turned out

• Like 2

Buffymadforrc

The weather wasn't good for today any where it seems but I managed some power soaring from MSA site and my son got his first take off and landings in, a very satisfied Dad, he and I are looking forward to the next meeting in January.

• Like 1

Managed to get up the Mynd on Sunday.

Strange day, wind went NW which Pole Cot generally doesn't like, then it dropped to being less than nothing. 

But I flew the Fosa Space Lift for the first time in ages and on the Jeti for the first time. 

Had 1100g of ballast on board and it was going great - occasional on th edge of stalling and occasionally really ripping. A interesting day.

Everybody gave up about 2.30 but I stayed to have a set up fly on the red Shinto. 

Then conditions went really nice. Very smooth and very lifty. Had an hour where the conditions just continued to get better. 

Its about "bl--dy" time..

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
isoaritfirst

Next Saturday 14jan is our next scheduled date. 

I will make a call on the comp on Friday afternoon based on predicted weather and predicted numbers. 

Click on the event under the events calendar and rsvp if you are intending to come along. 

• Like 1