Midland winter league 2016

isoaritfirst

Hi guys

I have a bit of a problem. I've been waiting for an op for over a year (no exaggeration) and I just had a call from the hospital saying they had a cancellation and can fit me in tomorrow. :cry: Its nothing major but I will be out of action for 2 weeks.

Right now my plan is to still come down on Saturday even if I cant fly (I will still bring a plane for Justin if I do come down). Then I can spend most of the day on a base making it easier for the rest of you guys. Of course if I'm too sore or if the wife puts the handbrake on then I will let you know, I will just see how I feel Friday morning.

Murphy's law I bet the wind is perfect and I sit there watching everyone else build up season points. :ermm:

A very depressed Brett....

isoaritfirst

Current forecast looks like the hill is likely to be covered in snow. So I wouldn't stress Brett. 

Hope the op goes  smoothly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isoaritfirst said:

Current forecast looks like the hill is likely to be covered in snow. So I wouldn't stress Brett. 

I thought that looked likely too  :(

Best of fortune for the op Brett.  We may/may not be going.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, its not a major op so I'm not stressed about it. I was wondering about the snow forecast, I only heard about it on the radio on the way home. 

I just went in for my pre-op mrsa checks and the guy was telling me about the recovery. I think I was a little optimistic, I won't be walking for about a week. Im well and truly out, thanks for offering the lift Jerry. 

Brett 

Buffymadforrc

Good luck with the op Bret, I'm hoping it doesn't snow but flying in the snow is fun with a Wildthing, I love touch and snows

• Like 1

Sorry guys but tomorrow just isn't going to happen.

wind directions crap , snow and ice on the road may make the hill too dangerous, and I still haven;t recovered from a stinking cold. 

Mike

Buffymadforrc

I think I may speak for the others by saying, Im game was game to go if others were but happy with the decision.

Ill be trekking up Malvern for a bash with the foams instead.

Hope the cold gets better.

• Like 1

Cheers Mike.  That hill would be something else, even for my 4WD.  I expect it's closed too.

Cold?  I may be recovering too.  A day on the hill in this weather would not be beneficial, so all round, maybe the wind god is working in our favour .......  this time  :whistle:

• Like 1

Not a bad shout Mike, if I could come I would not have wanted to drive up that hill.

Let's hope for a better February. 

Brett 

Yep good call Mike.

It's  looking very dodgy tommow. 

Well five to the wearther and a big fat  zero to us.

Will we get the last one of the session in?

• Like 1

Feb and march left. 

If there was sufficient interest and an ability to react quickly we could look at a reserve date. 

Provided we went for a Saturday with a southerly or north easterly we could just turn up without causing any problems. 

Nobody but us flies these slopes 

i wouldn't want to throw s reserve onto the westerly slope

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I know it is a long way in advance but XC's current forecast for LM is NO B**** GOOD  :no:

So this is just advance warning - Mike/Brett - that unless the forecast becomes very good, I will not be travelling  :(

• Like 1

I know weather can change a fair bit in 6 days so we will just have to pray its good. Accuweather is showing ENE then E on Sunday. There might be a chance for Ashes Hollow if it turns more east to south. 

I need to get more stick time with both my Willow and Skorpion. If the Saturday is rubbish and Sunday is good I might even go down just to get some flying in.

Mike my name is down even if its marginal. I want to fly badly... 

Jerry if the comp is not on and I go Sunday you are more than welcome to go down with me. Let's just wait and see what Fridays weather call has too say.

Brett 

On 13/01/2017 at 20:35, isoaritfirst said:

Feb and march left. 

If there was sufficient interest and an ability to react quickly we could look at a reserve date. 

Provided we went for a Saturday with a southerly or north easterly we could just turn up without causing any problems. 

Nobody but us flies these slopes 

i wouldn't want to throw s reserve onto the westerly slope

Mike just wondering if it's a good Easterly for Ashes Hollow on Sunday and Saturday doesn't look good could we not move the comp back one day?

Just a thought, I'm only asking as I haven't heard anyone mention racing on a Sunday so I have no idea if its possible. 

Im open to a reserve date. 

Brett