Jump to content
isoaritfirst

Midland winter league 2016

Recommended Posts

Brett82

Here's hoping the new year brings a change to the luck we have been having with the weather... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott Ravenscroft

I will be there , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B

fingers crossed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scram

I hope we've all got good rain proof thermals  :huh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Hi guys

I have a bit of a problem. I've been waiting for an op for over a year (no exaggeration) and I just had a call from the hospital saying they had a cancellation and can fit me in tomorrow. :cry: Its nothing major but I will be out of action for 2 weeks.

Right now my plan is to still come down on Saturday even if I cant fly (I will still bring a plane for Justin if I do come down). Then I can spend most of the day on a base making it easier for the rest of you guys. Of course if I'm too sore or if the wife puts the handbrake on then I will let you know, I will just see how I feel Friday morning.

Murphy's law I bet the wind is perfect and I sit there watching everyone else build up season points. :ermm:

A very depressed Brett....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Current forecast looks like the hill is likely to be covered in snow. So I wouldn't stress Brett. 

Hope the op goes  smoothly

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scram
1 hour ago, isoaritfirst said:

Current forecast looks like the hill is likely to be covered in snow. So I wouldn't stress Brett. 

I thought that looked likely too  :(

Best of fortune for the op Brett.  We may/may not be going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Thanks guys, its not a major op so I'm not stressed about it. I was wondering about the snow forecast, I only heard about it on the radio on the way home. 

I just went in for my pre-op mrsa checks and the guy was telling me about the recovery. I think I was a little optimistic, I won't be walking for about a week. Im well and truly out, thanks for offering the lift Jerry. 

Brett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffymadforrc

Good luck with the op Bret, I'm hoping it doesn't snow but flying in the snow is fun with a Wildthing, I love touch and snows

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Sorry guys but tomorrow just isn't going to happen.

wind directions crap , snow and ice on the road may make the hill too dangerous, and I still haven;t recovered from a stinking cold. 

Mike

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffymadforrc

I think I may speak for the others by saying, Im game was game to go if others were but happy with the decision.

Ill be trekking up Malvern for a bash with the foams instead.

Hope the cold gets better.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scram

Cheers Mike.  That hill would be something else, even for my 4WD.  I expect it's closed too.

Cold?  I may be recovering too.  A day on the hill in this weather would not be beneficial, so all round, maybe the wind god is working in our favour .......  this time  :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Not a bad shout Mike, if I could come I would not have wanted to drive up that hill.

Let's hope for a better February. 

Brett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les

Yep good call Mike.

It's  looking very dodgy tommow. 

Well five to the wearther and a big fat  zero to us.

Will we get the last one of the session in?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82
53 minutes ago, Les said:

Will we get the last one of the session in?

 

I thought we still have Feb and March?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Feb and march left. 

If there was sufficient interest and an ability to react quickly we could look at a reserve date. 

Provided we went for a Saturday with a southerly or north easterly we could just turn up without causing any problems. 

Nobody but us flies these slopes 

i wouldn't want to throw s reserve onto the westerly slope

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scram

I would support that, Mike.   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scram

Well, I know it is a long way in advance but XC's current forecast for LM is NO B**** GOOD  :no:

So this is just advance warning - Mike/Brett - that unless the forecast becomes very good, I will not be travelling  :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

I know weather can change a fair bit in 6 days so we will just have to pray its good. Accuweather is showing ENE then E on Sunday. There might be a chance for Ashes Hollow if it turns more east to south. 

I need to get more stick time with both my Willow and Skorpion. If the Saturday is rubbish and Sunday is good I might even go down just to get some flying in.

Mike my name is down even if its marginal. I want to fly badly... 

Jerry if the comp is not on and I go Sunday you are more than welcome to go down with me. Let's just wait and see what Fridays weather call has too say.

Brett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82
On 13/01/2017 at 20:35, isoaritfirst said:

Feb and march left. 

If there was sufficient interest and an ability to react quickly we could look at a reserve date. 

Provided we went for a Saturday with a southerly or north easterly we could just turn up without causing any problems. 

Nobody but us flies these slopes 

i wouldn't want to throw s reserve onto the westerly slope

Mike just wondering if it's a good Easterly for Ashes Hollow on Sunday and Saturday doesn't look good could we not move the comp back one day?

Just a thought, I'm only asking as I haven't heard anyone mention racing on a Sunday so I have no idea if its possible. 

Im open to a reserve date. 

Brett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.