200gpsm Carbon cloth

Jerry Lunt

Does anyone need carbon cloth?

Easy Composite's has Black Stuff Carbon Fibre 2/2 Twill 3k 200g 1m Wide - 10m Roll for £100 + VAT:

black-stuff-carbon-fibre-cloth-fabric-22-twill-200g.jpg

- that is £10 + VAT (£12) per m so less than half the price of

Carbon Fibre Plain Weave 3k 200g 1m Wide

carbon-fibre-cloth-fabric-plain-195g-100cm.jpg

at £21.50 + VAT (£25.80) per m

I don't know the merits of 2/2 Twill as opposed to plain weave.  The cheap stuff is only available on 10m or 100m rolls (£900 + VAT)

If enough takers, I'm willing to buy a 10m roll and supply at cost (£11/m (see below) allowing for delivery to me) + P&P

Jerry

Hi Jerry

I will take a meter of the cheaper one to fix the Willow wing joiner boxes. I could probably afford 2 at the most if you don't manage to get many takers but preferably just the 1m.

Brett 

12 hours ago, Scram said:

If enough takers, I'm willing to buy a 10m roll and supply at cost (£11/m allowing for delivery to me) + P&P

Plus VAT, of course. 

47 minutes ago, Jef said:

Plus VAT, of course. 

Thanks Jef.

I just knew I'd get this VAT content wrong somewhere  :(

Cost to others will be £12.75/m + P&P

• Like 1

Still shockingly cheap. The 2/2 Twill is normally more expensive than the plain weave, but I don't know the merits either.

I will have a metre please Jerry.

Don't sell yourself short on the P&P. 

Twill vs plain weave explained:- http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/composites-tutorials/carbon-fibre-cloth-explained

Twill should be stiffer along the warp and weft, all other things being equal, because the yarn wiggles about less.  

0/90 degree unidirectional is stiffer still - no wiggles.  Full size highly loaded structures for aircraft would be laminated from this type of material.

The spread tow fabrics often used on models are made as they are for this reason.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Jerry

Just a thought, if you don't get enough takers they do have the 160g twill weave per metre for £12 + vat + posted. Not as cheap but still almost half price. We could then just order for those that want. That's the one I was going to order before I saw your post. 

Brett, only you can decide whether you want 160 or 200gpsm carbon.  I think it will be a while before enough takers want some, so if you need carbon soon, you go ahead.

Hi Jerry 

I was just wondering as I have seen their specials sell out within a few weeks. Im not too worried if its 160 or 200 to be honest, only mentioned the 160 as its sold per meter.

I need to order it by the end of next week at the latest so I can have the repair done with enough time to get some practice in before the first Long Mynd comp. I will wait to see how many takers we get by then. Better to get it all together if we can.

Will be good to see you again mate, take care. 

Brett 

Hi Jerry

I would like a square metre please, and am happy to pay up front and wait until we meet up next to take delivery.

Maybe a Mynd winter league event?

many thanks 

Paul

Carbon is on order.  Should be delivered to me Monday.

Brett, please come to collect on Tuesday, pls confirm.

Others, if I'm posting to you, you will have to wait I'm afraid as I shall be away Wednesday for a week or so and don't have time to do postage.

PM me addresses.  I will advise P&P costs before sending - or whatever.

I don't have requests for the full 10m so anyone else wanting any, pls PM.

Cheers, Jerry

• Like 1

Thanks Jerry

I will pop over in the afternoon when I finish work if that's OK. Thanks for organizing this, its much appreciated. Now its on order and arriving Monday is it worth putting an add in the For Sale/Wanted section? It might get more "attention" than here in the Builders thread.

See you Tuesday mate.

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Right ..........

I have ordered tubes for delivery. I should have them mid week.  These come to £3.44 each and each buyer gets one as it is the best way for storage also.

For posting the cost will be £3.50 each.  If we get to LM this w/e for the comp I will deliver to Buzz, AndyH and his friend Malcolm.  I will send by Hermes to MartynK and Jeff.  PM your addresses to me (if you haven't already) and I will provide my contact for the lolly with confirmation of total.

Jerry

• Like 1