Hello from West Yorkshire

Brian Taylor

Hi, I was a member of BARCS back in the 80's and 90's and enjoyed flying the Open, 100S and Leagues in the Peterborough /Midlands area but a change of job, house move etc plus a diversion into flying scale helis reduced the glider flying to the odd casual outing on Baildon Moor. It has taken a while but I am finally returning to the side of the sport I  enjoy - flying thermal gliders.  Current fleet is electric with a Reichard Mandarin which has had a few outings this summer  and a Nan Shadow ready to put together.  Brian Taylor

Hi Brian

Like you i am from West Yorkshire and have found my way back into thermal soaring although i did my flying back in the 1980's in Kent.

I have started to fly in the Northen league F5J and eSoaring comps this year, i had forgotten how much fun they are.

Hope to see you around sometime.

PS i also fly at the Dewsbury club, a bit of everything but mostly gliders.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Like you I really enjoyed the comps  and miss the camaraderie, friendly banter and a good old smattering of competitive spirit. I think the furthest south I made it was Radioglide at Oxford in 1990 something!! 

I certainly have plans to try my hand at a few eSoaring comps next year, I think I will come and observe for the first one so I can see the rules in operation so to speak. If you need a timer/helper at any time just drop me a line as I am free most weekends.

Brian

Hi Brian

the comps so far this year have all been at Wetlands, just north of Retford, I live at Morley south Leeds and it's about 47 miles and an hours drive.

if you want to find out more take a look on the Esoaring web site Esoaring.net there is a post with a list of the dates for f5j and Esoaring.

the next comp is scheduled for next Saturday 24th September. PM me if you want to know more.

might see you there.

Richard