F3F WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2016

Les

Interesting results at the end of the pre-comp.. Only one round was completed and that was divided into 3 groups, so three winners with 1000 points.  My good flight yesterday was lost, and I had to fly 4th pilot today, in conditions that were just legal.  Pierre Rondel was the lucky man to start the day (group two), and flew well in the marginal conditions getting 77 secs!  I got 71 in slightly better air, and it was clear that conditions were building.  By the end of our group the wind had more than doubled to about 8 m/s, and times had got down to the lowish 50's.  So I ended up with a score of 760ish, only good enough for 39th place in this 'one round' comp.  Neither Martin or Mark fared any better, ending up in 41st and 43rd positions respectively.  We all flew our round 2 flights (which subsequently was abandoned) and had good flights, and we are happy with our set-ups.  Should be on a better slope tomorrow, with stronger conditions.  Unfortunately Mark has to fly 2nd up tomorrow, so he could suffer if it builds like today, but we are all really looking forward to getting it underway..

Simon

Results: http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=815

Edited by simon_t
Results link added
  • Like 1

Good look for tommow guys.

Seen a bit of the racing on Facebook today and the conditions looked really light today.

Let's hope it picks up as the comp go's on.

Do you if anyone will be live streaming? 

If you do let us know on her so I can sneak of the office and watch😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Les said:

Good look for tommow guys.

Seen a bit of the racing on Facebook today and the conditions looked really light today.

Let's hope it picks up as the comp go's on.

Do you if anyone will be live streaming? 

If you do let us know on her so I can sneak of the office and watch😉

I'm sure various people will do snippets of life streaming on FB, but who, and when, is impossible to say or predict.  Normally people download the live video for later consumption, so if I see any, I will try and post FB links.

Simon

Thanks for the updates Simon, and best of luck to you, Mark and Martin for the week ahead!

We have a fantastic chance of team and individual success...

Remain optimistic, exercise resilience and tenacity, bow to the humour of JP and ensure that Espen launches

your models throughout :-)

Which is code for relax, enjoy yourselves and have the best of times!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 4

Last 3 days have been a rather nice lead in to the main comp. Everyone got a chance to fly even if only a couple of short flights, and the organisers must be happy to have had no real problems getting through the prelims quite smoothly. Opening ceremony was just right, formal without being over done, and time to get final prep done for later today.The area is absolutely beautiful if you like the open outdoors, and pretty much pitch black nights are a great change from home. Interesting that there is a 200m+ high wind turbine down the road - serious bit of kit!

The forecast looks pretty decent overall so looking forward to a good few days ahead.

• Like 6

Would be so good to be there to actually watch these guys taking on the rest of the world. Calibre of flying would be incredibly to see. 

Good luck guys. 

Day 1 has started on the Hamborg slope.  Mark was 2nd pilot up and put in an awesome 36.xx, I flew midway through the round and put in a scrappy 41.xx.  Lukas flew a few minutes after me and got 39.xx.  Martin has yet to fly.  Wind is up to 16 m/s but pretty crossed, although it has been getting straighter at times.

Simon

• Like 7

Thanks for posting the early happenings Simon, much appreciated,

A great start for Mark  & a steady opener to get your eye in for yourself.

Look forward to more updates as & when your able please.

Wishing you all a great day 1, Go team GB :thumbsup:

Stu.

So one round completed, Mark won the round, Martin was close behind in 4th, and a lowly 30th for me (although the points are fairly close).

Simon

• Like 1

Second round on the way, I was 4th up with 40sec with pretty crossed conditions Mark has flown with straighter conditions to get another good time 38.xx Simon still to fly. Fastest I think in the round is 36.xx

• Like 4

My flight 2nd round - 38.xx.  Some carnage in this round - the wind is about 18 m/s - Kyle Paulson (USA) crashed heavily after cutting and trying to turn in - FS5 totalled.  Turbulence in the small landing area is bad, and some damaged models - Alvaro broke a tip off which was blown out of the landing area meaning he got a zero score for his flight.  Harsh, but to the rules.

Simon

• Like 1

So team GB have all flown in 3, although it is only half way through.  Mark got 37.xx, I got 39.xx and Martin 40.xx.  All our landings were ok in the tough conditions.  Looks likely we will fly a 4th round today.  Different slope tomorrow probably

Simon

• Like 3