F3F WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2016

Les

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

I guess that explains Stefans 0 in rnd 1 then if the landings are bad

Unfortunately Stefan got caught out by trees and then came down just behind the safety line.  Hopefully the model is repairable and will be back and flying before the week is finished.

Round 4 completed.  Mark flew another good time - early in the round, but sustained some slight damage to his FS5 on landing.  Being fixed now back at the home.  Conditions got poorer soon after the start of round 4 - Martin got 40, and me 41 - we were both unhappy, but actually we didn't do badly compared to many of the remaining pilots - however I think the round was won with 37.xx, so we lost some points.

So day 1 is over.  4 rounds flown is pretty good going.  Some fantastic flying - the overall level is very high.  Too much carnage unfortunately, with several models in the trees on landing, and many more damaged on landing due to rotor.

Simon

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

This is not meant to be critical of the organisers as I don't know what options they had for today. But it is disappointing  that so many models have sustained damage and so many pilots scoring zero due to the landing zone. 

Organisers should make every effort to reduce these kind of problems. Attending events like this is at a big enough cost for non  professional sportsmen. 

its all to easy to choose the slope for the day just on which one will

produce the fastest times, especially for a wc .  But is it good for the sport  

• Like 2

Well done guys.

It sounds like the landings have been as hard a the racing.

I think you are on the same slope tommow by what I read on one of the websites. 

Let's just hope it's more square on.

We are all cheering you on.

Thanks again for keepingus up to date with things.

• Like 2

Well done team :thumbsup: You could tell Marks flight in round 1 was a beauty even before enyone else flew (care of Carlos Rivero on facebook), straight into a fantastic line! All that training paying off, huge respect. The slope seemed to be rewarding a lower/flatter turn on the downwind side...

I know what its like landing heavy models in rotor (scary) so well done for avoiding the worst of it! Was it as bad as St. Ferriol this year Simon? I suspect all their slopes (with flattish landing zones) would suffer some rotor in 17-19ms so you've just got to get on with it and really concentrate in that last 6ft.

Really enjoying it so far, produtivity in the office slightly down...

• Like 3

Hi Pete, I have saved it and re-posted to the great Britain slope racing association facebook page. Hopefully it will work for everyone this time...

• Like 1

Wishing team GB another very successful day, best of luck to you all.

Thank you for keeping us here on BARCS up to date on how your doing, we are all supporting & cheering you on.

Stu.

Im watching the live feed on Facebook and just got to see Mark R do his run. Unfortunately they have not put his time up on the comments yet, looked fairly good though. 

Conditions are very light though it seems. The nice thing is after his flight the camera man has followed Mark and filmed his landing and then followed him to his "pit" area. 

Video has just been cut now, pity...

might be some interesting comments floating around from todays events, but I will avoid posting my thoughts on line.

We're flying in very variable conditions today, big time differences within the round. This has been compounded by us reflying round 2 as a result of an upheld protest from team USA .

We've all suffered as a result, with rounds being won through thermal-good-air assistance.

Still flying.......

• Like 2

UK team finished for today. Excellent last round for Simon. (Stefan just hit tree in very fast run). Very average, mixed otherwise. Helge on top form - all respect due to him for maintaining good times.

See what tomorrow brings.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Sloper said:

looks like they were checking your model Mark for weight/wing loading?

Yes, quite a few checks being done. No danger of being overweight today though.....

isoaritfirst

It is very disappointing. Surely a crash is clearly not completing the course. 

I don't know the details,  but i do know that this one complaint has put a bad feeling across the board. 

Pilots look forward and practice for months on end to attend these prestigious comps then the whole think can so easily be ruined by a lack of sportsmanship. 

For the good of the sport I hope a clear report on the decision is posted soon. 

I do hope it's not a case of more rules being needed. 

1 hour ago, mark_r said:

(Stefan just hit tree in very fast run)

See what tomorrow brings.

Stefan in the trees again! Shame, especially if it was on a good run.

Sounds like a really tough day. I see Simon has climbed the rankings though looking for positives.

Just spotted a post from the organiser yesterday saying the protest was rejected. Seems a shame they changed their mind...