F3F WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2016

Les

1 hour ago, mark_r said:

(Stefan just hit tree in very fast run)

See what tomorrow brings.

Stefan in the trees again! Shame, especially if it was on a good run.

Sounds like a really tough day. I see Simon has climbed the rankings though looking for positives.

Just spotted a post from the organiser yesterday saying the protest was rejected. Seems a shame they changed their mind...

isoaritfirst

Just seen it. Buzzer was late but turn referenced to the clouds does look well short. 

Frustrating for Kyle. But he did crash. Buzzers are imperfect, we all know that. Buzzer man should report straight away if he makes an error. But still a crash 

We still haven't seen the fall details however the buzzer should have been a double buz as last leg so I believe it is suggested it came from else where. The buzzer vibrate when the pressed at both bases and base A reported NO buz plus the buzzer man at base B was diving for cover.

We honestly don't know the full story but looking at the vid the model was already pointing at the base man when what ever the beep was sounded.

isoaritfirst

I reserve the right to change my mind. But unless someone explains this fully then it looks like a cut followed by a panic buzz and a crash. 

Searching for oppotunities to twist things differently does nothing but ruin everyone else's day and discredits the sport. 

Someone please change my mind and save our sport. 

I agree Mike, nothing wrong with the course, a double buzz when the base judge panics. The only question is whether the model had crossed the line for the panic buzz prior to the crash. But it was going to crash anyway!

Sad that it has changed the comp, but the team just have to move on. Good luck tomorrow guys.

• Like 3

Watching again, the model hadn't crossed the line when the buzzer went so it could be interpreted as a late buzz (even though it was probably a cut).

• Like 2

I've just watched this vid about six times now, and the buzzer sounds when he's three-quarters of a way back towards the base but hadn't passed it.

So it's seems to me to be a late buzzer.

Just a shame when things like this happen.

Hopefully  I'll get to watch some live video tommow. 

Every bloody time I sat at the computer to start watching the phone went.:angry:

Good look tommow guys :thumbsup:

What is the penalty for crashing on the course?

In my mind if it's a late buzz the pilot should get a reflight during the round in question, but he should still get the penalty in that instance as it's blatant dangerous flying which the rules are there to stop. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the facts of what happened will probably not be published so we will not know what really happened.

However, what did happen is

I. the cd spoke to the buzzer man at the time and did not offer a reflight.

Ii. The buzzer man moved very quickly when the model turned towards the slope.

Iii. There was a buzz (late, or instinctive panic?)

I know what that suggests to me, but i suspect the full details won't get published so today we just have to forget this and continue.

Looks like a new slope today, maybe a bit crossed but sea facing so we should get consistent conditions.👍

• Like 5

Flying on really nice slope today. Much better than Vigso, but still quite a lot of variability - looks easy but requires a very careful line and style to do well. A bit mixed for all of us today, but we're all in the mix somewhere. Guessing we'll get maybe 4 1/2 rounds today.

Enjoying the sunshine and good wind around 13m/s.

• Like 5

How's the fourth member of the team doing? Last to bed and first up keeping all in order. Kit washed & ironed......Launching arm pumped up:)

• Like 1

Very strong conditions at the end of the day favouring back end of the last round - Martin finished with a superb 38. Others also flown sub 40 with Helge mid 30s. 5 Rounds completed - excellent day on the slope. :)

• Like 7

Tone-the-glider
On 03/10/2016 at 18:06, isoaritfirst said:

This is not meant to be critical of the organisers as I don't know what options they had for today. But it is disappointing  that so many models have sustained damage and so many pilots scoring zero due to the landing zone. 

Organisers should make every effort to reduce these kind of problems. Attending events like this is at a big enough cost for non  professional sportsmen. 

its all to easy to choose the slope for the day just on which one will

produce the fastest times, especially for a wc .  But is it good for the sport  

Yes I agree, it is not necessary to have amazing times, it is about consistent conditions, as a true measure of teams abilities, without risks that will cause problems on landings etc.