Fun Fly and launch clinic

Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin

Gentlemen,

I have available a private airfield in the fens, Cambridgeshire, that I use for flight testing my students. It's a 500m grass strip, surrounded by agriculture. Being in the fens, there's no chance of any slope lift... We have plenty of parking and copious tea, coffee and bacon rolls...

I'm proposing a very informal get together and fun fly, F3K only, mainly so that I can learn the best techniques from all of you ready for competing next year..... ( I also have two NXT's and a Long Shot/Topsky hybrid to maiden )... The main question is whether there is any benefit in doing it this side of winter or whether I should wait until the spring?

All of the surrounding fields have now been harvested, apart from the cover crop, and I'm regularly watching the seagulls thermalling away whilst I'm working...

It would be nice to meet some of you..

Nothing is firm but I would appreciate some opinion either way.

Reg

• Like 1

Reg,

Roughly where in the Fens is the site?  ( I'm thinking distance from the centre of interest)

I think this would work best if you set some dates up and take the first one that has decent weather.  I would certainly aim to support the idea.

Maybe one soon and another as a 'season opener' for next year?

Hi Reg,

Sounds like an excellent opportunity which I'm certainly up for. Any date with half decent weather would be good.

From my point of view the sooner the better as learning is the main goal. This leaves more time to hone the skills and tips picked up on the day before next season's comps!

Reggie Perrin

So far then, interest received from;

1. Richard S
  2. MikeF
  3. Boffin
  4. CTR
  5. Mark Evans
  6. Tony Beckett
  7. Lorrygreen
  8. Pete Heywood
  9. Phil C
  10. Simon B
  11. Dave H

To answer a couple of the questions that I've received... Yes, it would be free, I'm not expecting anyone to pay to come and teach me some new launch tricks.. ;)

I'll gaze into the meteorological crystal ball...

Reg

Edited by Reggie Perrin
Names added to list

Reggie Perrin

Thanks for all your interest Guys.

It's looking like we have enough people to make it an interesting day (and I can steal some secrets..:thumbsup:)

I'll take a close look at the weather and see if we can fit a day in very soon.

Reg

Reggie Perrin

Gentlemen,

I'm still gazing longingly into the crystal ball for a weekend that may present some good weather before the end of the year. This weekend, the 5th, was looking ok weatherise but there is a bonfire party happening at the field that rules out flying so I'll carry on looking.

I'm there tomorrow testing pilots so will try and find some time to maiden one of the models and try to hook some lift... I have a new elf that could be finished in time, fingers crossed...

I'll keep you all advised, thanks for all the support.

Reg

• Like 1