Northern Winter League

Jon_E

That's woken me up!! Midlands starting their Winter League early :) Not a bad idea Mike.

As I am too late for an early start, we will have to make do with our regular slot for this year.

So the HoH dates are :-

5th Nov 2016

3rd Dec 2016

7th Jan 2017

4th Feb ( 18 Feb Reserve )

4th Mar ( 18 Mar Reserve )

Hope to see as many of you as possible up on the sunny Yorkshire slopes this coming season

Regards

Jon

Rocket Ronnie
22 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Yep we had a lovely day in the sunshine. Thermalling around and landing out (a few times)

Nowt new there then,

• Like 3

well we can expect the usuall then at HOH snow/rain, wellies and Mark treble in a T-shirt

• Like 3

As it stands now I've got the 7th Jan & 4th Feb and both of the reserve dates free.

I'd like to come along and join in again, but I'll be very careful about whether I fly or not, I don't want a repeat of last time at Levisham :( 

Tony

Rocket Ronnie

Ill be missing the first winter league I'm afraid,  done my back in, had nearly 2 weeks of hell with pain.

so it means i haven't had a chance to fly my models on my new tranny.  Bugger

Hi Jon,

I am on holiday currently, but I'm hoping to support the first comp weather permitting next weekend.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

Me too - providing that work doesn't punish me too hard, and I have a few kilojoules of energy left, I'd like to join the northern party!!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1

Well there aint going to be a shortage of wind tomorrow, but the forecast is for showers throughout the day.

Cold Northerly winds will see us heading for the slopes overlooking Fylingdales.

Should be fun if the rain is not as bad as they are currently predicting

Therefore with a  degree of trepidation, tomorrows comp is ON

Meet at the main carpark for 9 to 9:30

Cheers

Jon

• Like 5

Well that wasn't too bad was it? The predicted showers did materialise, and despite being very heavy, were generally short lived. Never-the-less every round had at least one stoppage for rain, and the air between could be a bit tricky as well.

However the 9 pilots did managed 5 rounds before the wind swung too far west to continue, and with the prospect of more heavy rain to follow, a hasty retreat to the carpark was made before the next down pour.

Some great flying was had, with Greg coming out on top, followed by Mark R, with Steve in third. FTD went to Greg with a 37.51 in R1

Final positions were

1    Greg Dakin    3954.72    1000
2    Mark Redsell    3746.28    947
3    Steve Hayley    3656.82    925
4    Peter Gunning    3607.59    912
5    Rich Baygo    3600.76    910
6    Mark Treble    3106.69    786
7    Dave Watson    2898.77    733
8    Jon Edison    2832.13    716
9    Bob Dickenson    2546.52    644

Full spreadsheet to follow

Thanks to everyone for their support, and look forward to next time

Regards

Jon

• Like 6

Well done Jon for running today's Comp in very trying conditions. You made the right call and despite the rain, an enjoyable day especially to see Greg flying for the first time and a well deserved win.

Regards
Steve

• Like 1

Well done Jon on getting the Northern winter lg successfully underway.

Congrats Greg on both your win & achieving FTD. Very well done Mark on being 'runner up', & to Steve on taking 3rd place.

Hope everyone had a very enjoyable days racing.

Love to see some pics if anyone has some they'd like to share, thanks.

Stu.

Yep, good to get the winter season underway even it was a bit ropey. Some good meerkat impersonations as we all dived for cover when the showers came in. Greg on top form and generally very close so looking good for the coming comps. 🖒

• Like 2