Northern Winter League

Jon_E

Terrific day today on the South Bowl at Horcum. Some early mist clearing to give a bright and breezy day if but a little chilly.

Winds SSW 8 to 10 m/s to start the day, but tailing off to 3 m/s and less by 3 o'clock.

Only eight pilots, but they all had a great day, with a hectic 12 rounds completed before the wind dropped.

Greg came out on top with a great display of flying, closey followed Rich, with Peter in  third.

FTD went to Greg with a 35.90 in R6

Results were :-

1    Greg Dakin    10682.54    1000.00 Jedi
2    Rich Bago    10210.88    955.84 FS4
3    Peter Gunning    10012.15    937.24 Jedi
4    Mark Treble    9631.14        901.57 Toxic
5    Steve Hayley    9469.90        886.48 Pike Precision  
6    Jon Edison    9058.47        847.96 Extreme
7    Bob Dickenson    7432.14        695.72 Crossover
8    Brian Johnson    635.51        59.49 ?

( sorry Brian, didn't make a note of the model )

Full spreadsheet to follow.

Thanks to everyone for making a great day and for helping out

Next round is on the 18th Feb, same again please!

Regards

Jon

• Like 6

Scratch that. .......my phone has just refreshed the topic and I now feel like a fool 😶

Well done to Greg Rich and Peter 🤗

• Like 1

Well done everyone, sounds like you had a brilliant day. Don't know about anyone else but when ever I see Marks name on a list I always think the fact he was there racing, that in itself makes it a brilliant day.

Congratulations Greg, Rich and Peter but also to everyone else. Bring on some good weather for this weekends Midlands league. 

Brett 

• Like 2

Another excellent event, and well worth surrendering a duvet day for some great flying in N Yorks.

Love the Saturday races because they allow for a lunchtime beer and roast on a Sunday....

Yesterday was a tough race to run, but the event flowed really well with many keen to enjoy some post-Christmas exercise 😊

Great to see Steve fly his new Precision, which looked really sorted, especially during the early rounds - then the air switched off for him.

Pete's Jedi was carving away nicely too, and Bagoo's FS4 suddenly sprung to life after some heavy duty trimming during the lunch break!!!

Pretty variable conditions given the low air temperature and consistent wind conditions, with some winners and some losers. 

Thanks to Jon, Rich and Mark for keeping us honest and managing the proceedings.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 3

It was a really good day. 12 rounds kept us all very busy with just 8 of us but it was good exercise.

Conditions got more and more thermic towards lunch time which was interesting and some really quick times were possible in the good air. It's always a buzz to be flying sub-40 with good grip in the turns.

I think I was pretty close with Greg at the start but his 35 & 37 saw him pulling away. I had one good thermal (a 38) so can't really complain but wanted more and more rounds to catch up and ended up getting further behind. Still, a really enjoyable comp in good company.

Really great to be out flying again in good weather! The seagulls didn't quite get my fish & chips in Whitby either so a fine day out. 

• Like 5

On 2/5/2017 at 12:13, Greg Dakin said:

and Bagoo's FS4 suddenly sprung to life after some heavy duty trimming during the lunch break!!!

More like remembering how to fly it :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter G said:

A 193 point swing in that last round Bagoo :no:

You bu**er Remarkable!

yea i got some sweet air :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sloper said:

Looking like a RE run of the last comp but this time we can wer shorts :)

shorts !! or long pants as you know them Rich

• Like 2