Southern Winter League F3f 2016/17.

Gromit

Hi all

after a good look at forecasts and a couple off discussions 

i am calling the southern winter league comp off this weekend, real shame as we had a good list off people hopping to take part.

that means the southern winter league is now finished.

thanks to all who have taken part

JP

Thanks JP for bringing us a Winter league - probably the most frustrating winter I can remember, but at least we did get two good comps in and we have a result, unlike the even more unlucky Midlanders.

Thanks also to Pete Burgess and Graeme Mahoney for helping out in the center, but also to everyone else because we all had to muck in.

For those that still want to get a comp in, the first (and last) Welsh winter league event is due next weekend.  I will also review how we will finalise the entries for the Champ of Champs given the extraordinary winter league.

Simon  

• Like 2

Tone-the-glider
3 hours ago, fpljohn said:

Hi all

after a good look at forecasts and a couple off discussions 

i am calling the southern winter league comp off this weekend, real shame as we had a good list off people hopping to take part.

that means the southern winter league is now finished.

thanks to all who have taken part

JP

Oh! shame I was hoping to get my clip board back 

Unfortunate about the forcasting this weekend.  Look at the forecast now.  Clearly took the forecasters a few hours to realise Phil had dropped out.

• Like 1

Pete Burgess

Looking at the actual weather (at 10.00) for Yeovilton and Boscombe the cloud base is about 250feet, so today would not have been a good idea.

8 hours ago, Witch_1 said:

Unfortunate about the forcasting this weekend.  Look at the forecast now.  Clearly took the forecasters a few hours to realise Phil had dropped out.

23 minutes ago, Tone-the-glider said:

Looks more promising for tomorrow ????:frantics:

Well its less wet, and it will probably be flyable on the NW slope at WS.  But less rain doesn't mean the wind is OK - A number of forecasts are used to make a call, and these are still showing marginal average wind speed, with one showing less than legal.  If we all lived 20 minutes from the hill we would just go up and see, but quite a few people have 5-6 hour round trips which makes decisions harder.

Simon

• Like 1

Allen Elliott

Thought someone might want to know

Can't remember if you normalize the final score ?

R1           R2                           Total                      Norm

1              Simon Thornton                     1000       1000                       2000                       1000

2              Tony Livingstone                    944         941                         1885                       942

3              John Phillips                           925         931                         1856                       928

4              Graeme Mahoney                 889         950                         1839                       920

5              Ian Falconer                          872         889                         1761                       881

6              Nigel Witchalls                       780         767                         1547                       774

7              Peter Burgess                        776         767                         1543                       772

8              Gary Harrison                                       952                         952                         476

9              Mike Evans                                           951                         951                         476

10           Keith Wood                                           940                         940                         470

11           Dave Rumble                                         919                         919                         460

12           Martin Drewett                                      916                         916                         458

13           Les Wood                                            902                         902                         451

14           Andy Burgoyne                                      874                         874                         437

15           Allen Elliott                              806                                         806                         403

16           Tony Robertson                                      333                         333                         167

17           Neil Rogers                                             79                           79                           40

In order to finalise entries for the Champ of Champs, please can the top 5 pilots confirm if you wish to attend.   Please note, JP cannot attend so Nigel is currently 5th pilot...  I already have confirmation from Tony L, and I also plan to attend.  At the moment @Pete Burgess is first reserve

Simon

@Alibabaj

@Ian Falconer

@Witch_1

1 hour ago, Pete Burgess said:

Sadly I cannot pick the baton up :(

So next in line was Gary Harrison, but he cannot make it, followed by Mike Evans, who is already representing the Midlands - and so it moves to (in order) @keith_w, @rumbey, @drewetm

Simon