If Carlsberg did a WL - Welsh Winter League 2016-17

jwest532

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

In case you hadn't realised, this coming Sunday is round 4 of the Welsh winter league.  As usual can you send me an email to confirm your attendance (jwest532@aol.com). Weather call will be made on Friday evening.

Cheers

Joel

1 hour ago, rumbey said:

Typical, cant make this one now the weathers playing ball.  I'll be thrashing a GT40 round a track instead!

Your a tall lad for a GT40 :huh:

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi
11 hours ago, rumbey said:

Typical, cant make this one now the weathers playing ball.  I'll be thrashing a GT40 round a track instead!

And I was worried about my carbon footprint for this weekend :D

18 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

And I was worried about my carbon footprint for this weekend :D

Just don't leave a carbon footprint in the side of the hill (like JP did)

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi
2 hours ago, simon_t said:

Just don't leave a carbon footprint in the side of the hill (like JP did)

I will try not to leave "Drops" of carbon on the hill :-)

• Like 3

Hi guys

As is becoming the norm it's again another really difficult call.  Most of the non-mountain forecasts suggest we could get a comp in, however the Met Office mountain forecast reads a bit bleak with regards to hill fog.

"Perhaps broken at 500 metres at best, but lowering to perhaps reach valley floors later"

So once again I'm going to leave it until mid day tomorrow to see if the forecasts start to converge.

Joel

PS  If those that have entered have an opinion one way or another, happy for you to email me with your thoughts.

Wishing you all a favourable forecast, especially to Joel though after all his time & effort organising what has been a very frustrating weather hit Welsh Wint lg for him..

Stu.

Hi guys

Well my plan to leave the call until the forecasts had converged was a good one, unfortunately they converged in the wrong direction. 

Most forecasts are now agreeing that anything high will be blighted by low cloud.  I have been talking to Simon about the possibility of moving us to the Gower but even that is fogged in today and only showing 3m/s tomorrow.

So unfortunately, for another month, I'm going to cancel the comp.  Sorry

If Carlsberg did do a winter league it wouldn't currently look like this one :(

Joel

• Like 1

Hi All

With Stefan over and and an itch to maiden his FS5 we were thinking of heading to Whitesheets.  Anybody else fancy an outing?

PS not sure if we need an invite????

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Yep, it's that time of the month again and next weekend is the last/first Welsh winter league.

As per normal, if you could let me know before Friday if you are coming that would help.  However I'm happy for people to turn up on the day as well.

Weather call to be made on Friday. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Joel