If Carlsberg did a WL - Welsh Winter League 2016-17

jwest532

Was the right call though - the locals reported the Meio was clagged in and rainy, and that is lower than the Bwlch

Simon

Agreed Simon - in fact the weather calls by all of the regional CDs have been absolutely spot on!

Mad props to Jon E, Joel, Mike, JP and Pete for holding steadfast over the winter months...few if any pilots have had to travel unnecessarily, which in itself is a great achievement. We all owe them a debt of gratitude for monitoring, correlating, deliberating and interpreting the status of the UK weather, all for our entertainment and pleasure 😎👍

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 6

Hi guys

As per Mike's post for the midland league. If any of the people that entered a 2016/17 Welsh winter leagues want to go to the C of C, can they please email me so I have an understanding of numbers (jwest532@aol.com) 

Many Thanks

Joel  

Just spent the afternoon at the Bwlch. The weather's going to be similar tomorrow - somewhere between quick and ballistic. Looks like last weeknd should have been this weekend.

54 minutes ago, oipigface said:

Just spent the afternoon at the Bwlch. The weather's going to be similar tomorrow - somewhere between quick and ballistic. Looks like last weeknd should have been this weekend.

Yes shame it's a week late, both Tony and myself are making the Pilgrimage to the mighty wrecker tomorrow, need to fly the Jedi Lift in big air, heavy😁

it was ripping yesterday and the forecast looks just as good. I lost 2 bars of tungsten in and around the wrecker car park and just over the wall if you happen to stumble over it!!

19 minutes ago, rumbey said:

it was ripping yesterday and the forecast looks just as good. I lost 2 bars of tungsten in and around the wrecker car park and just over the wall if you happen to stumble over it!!

Ok Dave I'll have a good look.

G

Truly fantastic day on the Wrecker, with a good turnout.

Martin N had the Freestyler 5 screaming round showing us the wings really do bend!

Greg was up to usual holigan tricks, that poor Ellipse!

Daniel also joined in with some very clean aeros

Keith had his pre production aerobatic machine going  very well. Baudis made! Soon to be available for order. Sorry Keith can't remember it's name... 

JP maidened his latest purchase, looked like a Swift to me but apparently it's not, couple of pics below... 

yes it really is that heavy!

IMG_0438.thumb.JPG.524284c9908732ab4680f7a7018b23a8.JPG

IMG_0439.thumb.JPG.6cf9fda561cdc9b00d164bb19a0fea85.JPG

IMG_0441.thumb.JPG.75fde7e19a220d2ccc6b163183d39847.JPGE

But it flys very well

G

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

Keith had his pre production aerobatic machine going  very well. Baudis made! Soon to be available for order. Sorry Keith can't remember it's name... 

JP maidened his latest purchase, looked like a Swift to me but apparently it's not, couple of pics below... 

Keith's creation (10 years in the making) is called Raptor.

JP's aerobat is the Graecalis built by by Chris van Schoor (Woodstock). The  

Couldn't agree more Graeme - a wonderful day out, and what a treat to see so many new airframes!

Your Jedi Lift, Martin's FS5, JP's Graecalis, Keith's Raptor, Daniel's Stingray - scheizer, there was some top quality hardware

and piloting capability on that hill. Mike E's Needle and Shinto also looked superb, as did JP's late afternoon aerobatic stint with the Dorado.

Stars of the show imho were Daniel S with his ballistic Stingray and Keith's new Raptor design. Lots of show-boating, lots of hardware and lots of drooling (by me at least 😄). The perfect opening to a new season....

Thanks to Martin for posting the vids!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

Just about the perfect day. 

Just the right amount of wind/lift for a great confidence boosting, mojo fondeling, sun kissed welcome to Spring.

Great variety of models,  top piloting. Some top recovering. Some great company. 

• Like 1