PeteMitchell

F5J-BMFA- Eastern area 2017

PeteMitchell

In response to a number of inquiries, here are provisional dates for next years league.

11th June                             @                                 Bartletts Farm

30 July                                @                                  Lt Bentley

15 October                           @                                  Lt Bentley

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Richard Swindells

Hi Pete,

I'll be a complete newcomer to electric competitions next year.. is there any info on any other leagues .. or is the eastern league the only one for f5j?

PeteMitchell

That’s good news Richard, it will be good to see you again.

There is no one source of info about comps, it is a case of keeping an eye on the forums.

There is a list of BMFA comps on the eSoaring website, but that don’t get posted in the same way directly onto the BARCS website.

The dates shown for the Eastern League are provisional and will be amended.

As far as I know, there will be 3 comps next year at venues South of the Thames along with a number at The Wetlands.  This will probably mean there will be at least one comp every month next year, once the season starts.

So far there has not been much activity in your area but this may change as the class gets more popular:yes:.

ThermalBoy
12 hours ago, Richard Swindells said:

Hi Pete,

I'll be a complete newcomer to electric competitions next year.. is there any info on any other leagues .. or is the eastern league the only one for f5j?

Hi Richard

Good to hear you will be competing in F5J next year. The more the merrier. Two Southern Area BMFA F5J league dates for your diary are:

Tonbridge BMFA F5J Comps for 2017
Sunday 18th June 2017
Sunday 17th September 2017

It is also likely that there will be at least 2 other Southern Area F5J League comps held at another Southern venue on dates yet to be announced by the organisers/CD..

Colin

Ps Hope with your building skills you will flying a home brew!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Richard Swindells

Hi Pete, Colin

Thanks for the info!

I'll be flying a Vinco, 

Children and work mean I have limited free time, no more homebrews. All my f3k models are made by Stream Team models now .

Next year is F3k WC too, so I will probably be at only one or two f5j events until later in the year.

kevb

Horsham F5J will be on 13th May

• Haha 1

Eamon
27 minutes ago, kevb said:

Horsham F5J will be on 13th May

Can’t wait :-)

PeteMitchell

I will have to close this thread as it refers to 2017.

Start a new one for 2018:rolleyes::D

• Like 1

Eamon

Thanks Pete, I didn’t look at the year and was getting confused on some of the dates as they weren’t Sundays doh.

🤣😂👍

Kikapu

Shouldn't you lot be out buying Christmas presents?