The English Open F3f 2017.

Gromit

THE ENGLISH OPEN F3F 2017 . aug 19-20th

Whitesheet RFC .    

Sponsored by South Coast Sailplanes.

IMG_3052 (Large).JPG

It gives me great pleasure to announce the date of the English Open F3f for 2017. The event will be staged by the Whitesheet RFC over the weekend of Aug 19th 20th.

Sponsorship;- I am both delighted & very proud of the continued excellent Sponsorship & support of the event by Peter Payne owner of South Coast Sailplanes http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/

Entry date opening ;-  Entry will open at 9.00am on Thursday 1st June 2017 ( Entries will not be accepted prior to the opening date.)

Entries are to be sent to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com .

please include the following;-

Name,

Frequency,

Models.

BMFA / insurance details.

Entry fee;- The entry fee to the event is £15.00. payable on day 1.

I am again securing permission for the use of additional slopes to cater for wind directions not catered for by our club slopes.  

I shall be regularly posting English Open news, info, updates & comp details on this thread.

For now though, be sure to put the date in your 2017 diaries.

We at the Whitesheet RFC look forward to welcoming you to this event.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

THE ENGLISH OPEN F3F 2017. aug 19-20th.

WHITESHEET RFC

590c177e35cc5_IMG_3052(Large).thumb.JPG.568e963d10e91160e82293a0f886ede0.JPG

The opening date for entry to this years English Open is coming around quickly now, this being 9.00am on Thursday 1st June. (see previous post for full entry details). Please make a note of this in your diaries etc.

We at the Whitesheet RFC are looking forward to staging the event, and welcoming pilots from across the country to our superb Wiltshire slopes.

Over the coming weeks, news & info about this years event will be being posted here on this thread.  

Additionally i'l be posting, Pics, memories & info from past English Open F3f comps.

note;- All Pitbulls to be kept on a leash during the event ;) 

Stu ,  Whitesheet RFC

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

WHITESHEET RFC

Sponsored by South Coast Sailplanes

592ff82f0f2ac_IMG_3052(Large).thumb.JPG.0077bc652390cb6d7aa1aafc0e784268.JPG

I am delighted to announce that this morning, entry has opened to this years English Open F3f competition.

Please send your entries to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com .

Name,

Frequency,

Models. (up to 3)

Over the coming weeks, news & info about this years event will be being posted here on this thread.

I am very pleased to confirm that I have successfully secured the use of additional slopes, to cover wind directions unfavourable for our own club slopes. A huge thank you to the Avon PG HG club, & the farmer, who have again both very kindly given us access & permission to stage the event on their exclusive slopes should they be required.

We at the Whitesheet RFC are looking forward to staging the event, and welcoming pilots from across the country to our superb Wiltshire slopes.

Stu ,  Whitesheet RFC

• Like 1

WHITESHEET RFC

Sponsored by South Coast Sailplanes

59326706c8aa0_IMG_3052(Medium).thumb.JPG.e35e29e8e61384e55ae0f11927d676d7.JPG

Entries list.                                      

Name.                           Freq.                 Team.

1.  Stuart Wallace             2.4

2.  Samuel Wallace           2.4

3.  Mark Treble                  2.4                  All Stars. 

4.  Mike Evans                  2.4                   Team Bonkers.

5.  John Treble,                 2.4                   All Stars         

6.  Graeme Mahoney        2.4                   Gifcof

7.  Mike Shellim                 2.4                   All Stars.

8.  Phil Taylor                    2.4                 

9. Pete Burgess               2.4      

10. Nigel Witchalls            35 Mg ch 72    

11. Keith Woods                2.4    

12. Paul Stubley                 2.4                   Team Bonkers.

13.  Ian Falconer                2.4

14.  Erik Heijne,                  2.4

15.  John Philips                 2.4

16.  Chris Lamming            2.4

17.  Dave Rumble              2.4

18.  Martin Drewett             2.4                     Gifcof.

19.  Jerry Lunt                     2.4

20.  Jason Bioletti               2.4                     Loose Canon's

21.  Neil Rogers                  2.4         

22.  Allen Elliot                    2.4                     Loose Canon's

23. Jess Nicholls                2.4

24.  Martin Burr                  2.4

25.  Mark Passingham       35 mg 69/70.

26.  Tony Robertson          2.4 

27.  Tony Livingstone        2.4                        Gifcof.

Team entries;-  The addition of team entries to the event ( for those who wished to do so ) proved to be very popular at the last English Open. We shall therefore be having these again this yr. If you would like to enter as a team, please let me know your team name & members as soon as you have it, i'l then add this info to the above entry list.  

An excellent start to the entry list  :).

Stu,  Whitesheet RFC.            

Stuart,

I think that Mark T, Mike Shellim and I will compete as the All Stars, although I haven't asked Mike and Mark about it.

Cheers, John

• Like 1

English Open, evening social & meal . Sat 19th.                              

On the Saturday evening after day 1's racing, for those wishing too there will be a social & meal at a local hostelry. These evenings have always been well attended & very enjoyable evenings.

Unfortunately the excellent venue that we have all enjoyed in previous yrs is now under new management, & has gone rather 'up-market'. I have a couple of alternative venues in mind that will suit our needs well. I'l confirm the chosen venue as soon as possible & then ask for the names of those who wish to come along and enjoy.

Stu,  Whitesheet RFC.

On 03/06/2017 at 14:52, oipigface said:

Stuart,

I think that Mark T, Mike Shellim and I will compete as the All Stars, although I haven't asked Mike and Mark about it.

Cheers, John

I'll second that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am delighted to Confirm & welcome, our first overseas entry to the English Open 2017, Erik Heijne of the Netherlands. Welcome Erik :thumbsup:.

(Entry list is up to date) .

Stu.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stu,

Are we going with the George in Mere, rather fittingly, as the venue for the evening meal on the Saturday evening? I have a big table booked there if so, currently for 25!

Hope you'll all be hungry...

• Like 1

English Open Sat evening Social / meal .

My thanks to Ribs (Chris) for checking out & booking the venue for us.

The venue for this will be 'The George', this is situated in the centre of the nearby town of Mere. http://www.thegeorgeinnmere.com/

I need to get an idea of numbers who will be coming along (Wives & partners are most welcome). These have always been very enjoyable evenings.

If you would like to come along, would you please let me know (incl extra no's in your party) by emailing me at swallacegromit@aol.com.

Note ;- above confirmed entry list is up to date.( edited on 10th July ) we presently have 25 confirmed, thank you all for your entries :thumbsup:.

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I haven't as yet received many confirmations from those planning on coming along to 'The George' in Mere on the Saturday evening http://www.thegeorgeinnmere.com/. I would like to now get a good idea of numbers, Could I ask those planning to attend, when you have a free moment, could you please email myself swallacegromit@aol.com, thank you.

Entry list;-  2 more pilots added today, we presently have a 'Cracking' 27 pilots. My thanks to you all for supporting the event.

Stu.

Tone-the-glider
On 25/11/2016 at 10:54, Gromit said:

Whitesheet RFC .    

IMG_3052 (Large).JPG

It gives me great pleasure to announce the date of the English Open F3f for 2017. The event will be staged by the Whitesheet RFC over the weekend of Aug 19th 20th.

Sponsorship;- I am both delighted & very proud of the continued excellent Sponsorship & support of the event by Peter Payne owner of South Coast Sailplanes http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/

Entry date opening ;-  Entry will open at 9.00am on Thursday 1st June 2017 ( Entries will not be accepted prior to the opening date.)

Entries are to be sent to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com .

Name,

Frequency,

Models.

Entry fee;- The entry fee to the event is £15.00. payable on day 1.

I am again securing permission for the use of additional slopes to cater for wind directions not catered for by our club slopes.  

I shall be regularly posting English Open news, info, updates & comp details on this thread.

For now though, be sure to put the date in your 2017 diaries.

We at the Whitesheet RFC look forward to welcoming you to this event.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Hi Stuart

Please include me in the event, also I would like to attend the sat evening meal.

Tony Robertson

I am on 2.4Mhz

Models 

Freestyler

ALLIAJ HM

Ascot.

BMFA number

• Thanks 1

My thanks to all those who have so far let me know that they will be coming along to 'The George' on the Saturday evening.

We presently have ;-

Phil Taylor,  Pete Burgess, Mark Treble, John Treble, Mike Shellim, Jerry & Hilary Lunt, Mike & Liz Evans, Tony Robertson, Chris Lamming, Myself, Gillian & Samuel. Erik Heijne, Mr Heijne. Paul Stubley.

The entry list is up to date.

Stu.

7 hours ago, oipigface said:

Hi Stuart,

I like eating as well as flying.

John

Now added :thumbsup:

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Whitesheet RFC .    

59895b9d31b5e_IMG_3052(Medium).thumb.JPG.1a192fd2d882e1223f8581e144bea871.JPG

Notification of entry closure.

Entry to the English Open 2017 will close at 10.00pm on Saturday 12 th August. Could I please have all further entries by this time, thank you.

The Entry list.

Name.                           Freq.                 Team.

1.  Stuart Wallace              2.4

2.  Samuel Wallace            2.4

3.  Mark Treble                   2.4                     All Stars. 

4.  John Treble,                  2.4                     All Stars                                                                                         

5.   Mike Shellim                 2.4                    All Stars.  

6.   Graeme Mahoney        2.4                      Gifcof

7.   Martin Drewett             2.4                      Gifcof.                                                                                                 

8.   Tony Livingstone         2.4                       Gifcof.                                                             

9.   Mike Evans                   2.4                       Team Bonkers.

10. Paul Stubley                 2.4                       Team Bonkers

11.  Jason Bioletti              2.4                       Loose Canon's                                                             

12.  Allen Elliot                   2.4                        Loose Canon's 

13.  Pete Burgess               2.4                       Loose Canon's                                                                                    

14.  Mark Passingham       35 mg 69/70.   Tea Swillers                                                                                

15.  John Philips                 2.4                       Tea Swillers

16.  Chris Lamming            2.4

17.  Dave Rumble               2.4

18.  Nigel Witchalls            35 Mg ch 72

19.  Jerry Lunt                     2.4

20.  Keith Woods                2.4   

21.  Neil Rogers                  2.4         

22.  Phil Taylor                    2.4  

23. Jess Nicholls                2.4

24.  Martin Burr                  2.4

25.  Ian Falconer                2.4 

26. Tony Robertson          2.4 

27.  Erik Heijne,                  2.4

Team entries note ;-  'Team Bonkers' are presently a team member short.

'Tea Swillers' awaiting confirmation of 3rd team member.

Stu , Whitesheet RFC.