Sign in to follow this  
Darren_O

Ocelot wing saddle cracked

oipigface

IMG_0486.JPG

Here's the photo. This repair is unusually scruffy even for me. I don't seem to have rubbed it down at all! You can still see traces of where the wrapping tape was! 

• Like 1

Darren_O

Nylon wing bolts were mentioned, I've searched but I can't find any info online about what size they are. The ones off my Banana fit if that's any guide :)

Anyone know size?

Thanks.

isoaritfirst

I guess they will either be 3 or 4 mm 

Just buy a selection. 

• Like 1

satinet

You can measure it. It's in mm.

I'd be surprised if they are not m4 (4mm) or possibly m5 (5mm).

• Like 1

Darren_O
1 hour ago, isoaritfirst said:

I guess they will either be 3 or 4 mm 

Just buy a selection. 

Trying to do just that, can't even find them listed on T9. 

Trying to order multiple RX, servos and bolts from one shop to save on postage....I'd be quicker walking round to each shop :)

isoaritfirst

Phoenix model products. Good for    Bits like tjat

• Like 1

Jef Ott

Modelfixings.co.uk do a good range of fixings for models :thumbsup:

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi all

Hardly any fixings and fittings are unique to any model manufacturer

I think it would be in your interest to find a source of your bolts and screws (and other fixings) from a local stockist of engineering parts, who is a stockist/importer of a national/international fixings organisation rather than a model shop

Until recently I had  a stockist of fixings and fastenings in Edgware High Street, HA8 whose speciality was Nyloc nuts, BA and Metric bolts washers and screws, who provided samples and/or small amounts over the counter for pence rather than pounds. When I next need to replace the fixings stock in my workshop I WON'T be replacing them with tiny plastic bags of nuts bolts etc from a model shop/wholesaler, I'll be replacing them with fastenings from my local non-modelling engineering stockist

I might be looking around for a replacement stockist at the ME, but I'll be looking for the name on the bulk boxes they use to refill their plastic bins from, rather than the re-packaged plastic bags they'll be selling.......  

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

Scram
1 hour ago, Jef said:

Modelfixings.co.uk do a good range of fixings for models :thumbsup:

I second and third that  :yes:

If ModelFixings don't have it, you don't want it  :whistle:

• Like 2

Darren_O

Ordered late afternoon yesterday and come home for lunch and my order has arrived, well done Modelfixings.co.uk superb service. Thanks to those who suggested them

• Like 1

Darren_O

Noticed a small crack appearing by my tail on the fuse...

I was wondering if I should just cut slots and put some carbon tow in or sock the entire fuse as it's very weak in general and weight doesn't matter.

The tail is* glued on so socking the fuse seemed out of the question. Yesterday at 8ft up coming into land the vtail parted company with the fuse. No idea what the original owner stuck it on with but I wouldn't use it:) Saying that, the whole airframe seems weak.

So, socking the fuse...I say that like I know what I'm talking about. Obviously as usual I'm clueless. So any pointers and recommended stockists of materials required would be appreciated.

IMG_20170302_104334.jpg

satinet

It is a fragile model unfortunately. You'll be chasing repairs all over the thing.

You could use a nut and screw to hold it down.

• Like 1

Darren_O

I'm at that point now, one thing after another. Getting heavier with each repair. Which is a shame as it was very nice to fly in light lift. Guess the payoff for that is a very light layup. 
Thing is...it's absolutely lovely to fly. So much so I've been pondering ordering a full carbon version when funds allow.