Sign in to follow this  
SlopeSurfer

Failsafe Settings

SlopeSurfer

Taking all the advice from my last posting seeking guidance on my change of transmitter I finally landed on the Jeti DS16.  Already I've  been amazed how simple it is to set up even the most complex of models - just brilliant!  

I want to take a consistent approach to setting up the Failsafe on each off my models it terms of control surface deflections on signal loss (for whatever reason).  I wondered what the best approach would be and this forum seemed a good place to seek advice. Any one have a firm view on this? 

Phil.Taylor

Full CROW for me

slows it up, minimses the energy, just in case that signal failure brings it all the way to earth

remember that failsafe is supposed to be about safety / damage limitation on the ground, not about saving the plane

Phil.

• Like 4

SlopeSurfer

Thanks Phil - seems like good advice.  I'll dial that in plus a touch of rudder to keep the model in the flight zone and away from any properties in the remote case of any incident. 

Kikapu

Just wondering what you'll do with the down elevator mixed in with the 'full crow', if that's what you have?

wookman

Full crow and full up. You will probably break the the plane but not damage too much on the ground.

MikeDaBike

I've set  full crow, about half elevator and full rudder

Phil.Taylor
46 minutes ago, Kikapu said:

Just wondering what you'll do with the down elevator mixed in with the 'full crow', if that's what you have?

the down elevator mixed with CROW is actually to keep the plane level & stop it ballooning up, so yes, that goes on the failsafe as well

on a Futaba FX32 its easy - just set the TX stick to full CROW (with the ele comp), then go down the channel list in the failsafe menu setting all the controls to take that as the failsafe setting

Phil.

Kikapu

Just put it out there as something to consider.  I didn't and was surprised at how steep the (slow) dive was.