UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2017

tonym

I took the family to Venice from Southend Airport a couple of years ago.  EasyJet, I think.  Lovely airport.  Check them out for other Italian destinations.

• Like 1

Stansted is just off the A120, Little Bentley is about 50 minutes away - just off the A120!

Southend about an hour via A130, A12 and A120, so either airport is good for getting to the polo field.

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Maria Freeman

Can you put my name down please... I am going to give it a whirl ....

Haven't flown this year , but that won't make much difference :)

Maria

FAI  GBR118672

• 2 weeks later...
Marin Mitev

Hi

I sent my FAI application 10-ish days ago and I am waiting for a call so I can pay over the phone but I haven't got any phone call yet. Can anyone share something about FAI application please? Does it take a long time to get a license? My concern is - shall I be ready for this competition? Thanks.

Marin

Richard Swindells

If your application is already in process, I very much doubt there would be any issues with you competing in any euro tour event.

Assuming this is still processed through the bmfa office, then giving theme a quick call or email asking them to confirm receipt of the application. The administration staff at the BMFA are always really helpful.

Three weeks to go - work on those new guys, give them such a buzz at Twywell that they'll want to have two days of it at the best field in the UK :)

Tony

Just spent a happy few minutes looking through the thread from last year - https://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/topic/5842-uk-f3k-eurotour-world-cup-2016/

Still time to enter, probably still time to get an FAI license number from the BMFA if you don't have one.

Start time on Saturday is 10am - or as near as we can. Looks like 3 slots per round, I'll matrix for at least 12 as we can start earlier on Sunday and everyone is usually very efficient getting ready between slots.

Fun flying with electric models in the evening is fine, I'll bring my Pocket Combat Wing with lights for anyone to play with in the dark. Fred is going to leave us wood for a fire again. My sister Louise is away, she'll get all the food etc. we'll need for a BBQ but looks like it'll be all hands on deck for prep. and cooking again. I really need to get her better trained!

Tony

• Like 1

TonyHickson

Dusted off the models and gave them a test fly today, thankfully seemed OK. Planning to arrive Friday morning some time. Travelling a bit for work this week (conveniently to Essex on Thursday ;)) so having to get organised a bit early. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend and flying! :)

• Like 1

I can't make the Eurotour but others might be interested to know that I posted (1st class) an application for an FAI Sporting licence on Tuesday morning  last week and I would have had it on the Friday, well done BMFA ☺. But it was sent as Royal Mail registered post that has to be signed for and unfortunately no one at home on that Friday! 😔. I had to arrange a redelivery and received it today. 

• Like 1

thechalster

I am planning to drive down with the caravan straight from work so should be at the field at 9 pm ish.

Cabin cleaned, loo emptied and charged, entry date extended a day.

It would be too easy today - flew my ManBearPig 2m F5J (half Blaster-E, half Q12, half Taser!) while waiting for the Karzee cleaning guy and caught thermal after thermal from fairly low down.

I'm not expecting wall-to-wall sunshine for the weekend but hopefully the little micro climate we enjoy here will treat us to some excellent flying weather.

Tony

manbearpig.jpg

• Like 5

I do like bright colours Phil :D

Loet, Helle, Jaap, Monique, Chris, Gret, Bart, Arjen and Its setting up camp, Jaap flying within minutes of arrival!

dutchcamp.jpg

sunset.jpg

• Like 6

Tasks for the weekend below, now to produce the score cards.
See everyone tomorrow for a relaxed but competitive competition. If possible we'll post scores here at various points during the contest:popcorn:
Tony

Screenshot from 2017-05-12 18:22:06.png

All set up for the evening - managed to pick up a decent size barrel of beer at the local supermarket on the way...

image.jpeg

• Like 1

That's day 1 done - and 8 rounds of the comp. A testing day but everyone is enjoying it, so they keep telling me :flowers:  The weather has been mostly cloudy, mostly windy and far too cold for my liking. The flying has been exceptional, some fantastic low down saves, a few long walks/runs, and despite the stiff breeze remarkable little damage to models. A few mid-air 'kisses' but nothing lost except a few feet of altitude and seconds off the flight perhaps. Earlier start tomorrow for the last five rounds, hopefully it'll be a bit warmer and the wind will ease.

8rounds.png

• Like 5