Watts up

Matt78

Right guys and gals I have bought a bargin short kit watts up 100" originally from traplet. My plan for this is to buy the bubble dancer E pod and boom and to modify the wings by adding full length flaps/ailerons. Now I believe you can make wing tip extentions to make it 3 meter

Has anybody done the wing extentions for this model and any advise for doing this ? 

I could have a really nice f5j model out of this !

On 14/01/2017 at 21:09, Matt78 said:

Right guys and gals I have bought a bargin short kit watts up 100" originally from traplet. My plan for this is to buy the bubble dancer E pod and boom and to modify the wings by adding full length flaps/ailerons. Now I believe you can make wing tip extentions to make it 3 meter

Has anybody done the wing extentions for this model and any advise for doing this ? 

I could have a really nice f5j model out of this !

As Jef said this should be in the electric /F5j section.

However you can get the extended wing details from me.I have never made one for aileron/flap use, but Mal Fox in the Ipswich Club has built several, so he could give you some ideas. It comes out at 3.1 metre span

Hi Matt, I built the extended wing version of this model a few years ago. I fitted flaps and ailerons reducing the dihedral by half. It flew very well and still turned on rudder only. At the time I also had a Pulsar 3.2 and as both models flew very similar I sold the Watts Up. Hope this helps.

Ray

Watts Up 001-2.JPG

Edited by Rayg