Bungee Launching advice please

martynk

Thanks all. I feel that after about 40 flights that I am starting go get used to it. 

Appreciate your help

RP. I am holding up as the wind dropped to try and keep tension. I think the model is actually stalling. It's much clearer when you are up close. 

Jef. Thanks.  I'll try that next time. 

Pete.  The CG and hook are in the same place as they have always been so quite pleased I got it right first time :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-HOOKS-FIT-M4-X-33MM-HOLLOW-CAVITY-WALL-FIXINGS-PLASTERBOARD-ANCHORS-PLUGS-/370857731605?var=&hash=item95095b804d

Perhaps a little hefty for F3-RES but the hook dimensions (7mm deep, 11mm long) seem about right and the M4 bolt sizing should make it easy to fit with nuts/washers.

There's also a screw version: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Hammer-In-Molly-Black-Decker-Plasterboard-Cavity-Fixing-With-L-Hooks-X4/162412084324?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41397%26meid%3D27cd69550525452a97adf3c5dc9d35bb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D16241208439

The Allegro Lite hook is 1/8" ie 4.8mm. I think 2mm would be ok for F3-RES bungee launch but finding a part threaded M2 bolt has proved a challenge. Cupboard hooks are the obvious alternative, or the adjustable play and wire type found in a lot of the kits.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Jon

I am quite happy with my s/s m3 home bent bolt. Happy to bend some more if anyone wants one.  Pm me. 

• Like 1

I've ordered a couple of these to see if they're any good but may well take you up on that Martyn, thanks :) I'm not well equipped for bending heavy guage stuff hence the appeal of these hooks.

Jon

The Molly hooks arrived today. Turns out the hook part is only 3.2m (1/8") diameter and weight of the whole length piece is 5.2g. Cutting it down should be around 2-3g with a nut. Really pleased I found these and they will definitely find their way into a model at some point as a lazy mans tow hook :) The 19mm 'dresser hook' hook also shown would need bending I think as it's a bit long.

Molly M4 Tow Hook.jpg

• Like 2