2m Hi-Start Challenge League Table

martynk

We (the F3-RES class promoters) have decided to run an annual league to encourage entries into the 2m Hi-Start Challenge events.

The league will end after closure of the final Challenge that was started in 2017.

I have offered to maintain the league and we have established a simple table with scores calculated by normalising submitted scores.

We expect that there will be about 15 challenges through the year. The top 6 individual normalised scores will count to the final score so there is plenty of time to get involved.

Basic Rules

Scores reported in seconds and are collected from the BARCS 2m Hi-Start Challenge posts on BARCS Forum. Please submit your score on the Challenge posting - even if it's below the current high score. (This also shows that models are being flown)

Individual challenge score is normalised from "Entrants best submitted score for the Challenge/Best Submitted Score*100" for each Challenge period

Total Annual Aggregated Score will be the top 6 Normalised scores. In the event of a tie then the 7th Normalised score will count and so on

Challenge2.thumb.jpg.7275b4ce53a66b9f08cf67664a28de4d.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
SilentPilot

Please move this to the 5th contest entry thread when you make one!

Tony Hollings, Radian, 27/4/17, 2m 48 :) 

it should get better, this was really only launch testing on a flat day!

Tony

IMG_1701.JPG

Splendid :)

All you need to do is add your score to the last challenge and the next Challenge will start  (which I have done for you). You are now leading Challenge no 5

Thanks for joining in..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Challenge 6 

Apologies for the delay - I was on Holiday last week and this is the first chance I have had to update the table

CHALLENGE6.thumb.JPG.b88c6817db0a9714ee12753995d438a0.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Challenge 8

Latest Table. Next one may be late as I am about to go on holiday for a month. Top 6 Scoring results in orange shade

CHALLENGE8.thumb.JPG.8c3d9a6a7a3a65ef9bc3fca79b9a3a32.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations to Jon for clearly winning the inaugural F3-RES league. First prize is an image of a trophy which will be held for one year

Diamond-Sports-Cup-Trophy.jpg.2e17a58c92fd076703439d150209e4c8.jpg

I am planning to rerun this for 2018. Hopefully we will get more entries this year. The same rules will apply.

I would also like to thank Tony Beckett for compiling the results this year.

Best wishes and Happy New Year

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry - ignore the post below - I have just seen the message in the latest thread on this subject!  Doh!!

Is there a full explanation of the rules anywhere - in particular, the regulations controlling the bungee? I have a John Stevens HiLite which I have recently completed, and I have an old bungee (>15 years old!). I am pretty sure the glider will fit into any rules affecting F3RES, but I want to make sure the bungee complies (or replace it if not). I understand and support the rule about telemetry which I see referenced in one of the spreadsheets above - does this include RSSI feedback (and if so, why!!)?

Thanks for running the competition!

Edited by paulj
Better information in another thread

Hi Paul,

The 'standard' bungee for the 2m Challenge is this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-6mm-silicon-rubber-bungee-hi-start-cord.html with 50m of static line but any 6mm x 10m surgical tubing is permitted.

The competition is for any model under 2m so while the competition favours F3-RES, models are not limited to the F3-RES construction rules. My first flights last year were flown on an old HiLite (aka The Barge - it's a bit heavy!) so yours definitely qualifies. It would be good to have you on board if you decide to post some times :)

The telemetry rule is to prevent vario type information and keep things fair flying wise. I don't think battery level and signal strength telemetry would be a problem personally. (If Martyn agrees?)

Cheers,

Jon

• Like 1

Yes - I agree. In fact I don't think you can actually turn off Rx battery level and signal strength Telemetry from the Rx on some systems.

Its just flight information telemetry that is prohibited.

Regarding the bungee, its actually 6x4 surgical tubing. 4mm internal diameter, 6mm outer. TBH, I haven't really found it available cheaper than HK anyway.

Martyn

• Like 1