Sign in to follow this  
simon_t

Champ of Champs 2017, Horcum 1/2 April

simon_t

The culmination of the winter leagues, the Champ of Champs, will be held at Horcum, North Yorks on 1st & 2nd April.  The top 5 in each league are invited to take part - if a place is not taken up by the pilot, a place is offered to the next pilot in that league until all places are taken.  There maybe a couple of places available for pilots that didn't qualify, but are willing to help out across the weekend (e.g. getting the course up, buzzer supremo etc.) - PM me if you are interested.

This year we have a problem as a couple of the leagues haven't completed a comp yet, although there is a chance that Wales will run next week.  I will sort out an equitable method for the Midlands league (and maybe Welsh).  In the meantime could those who entered at least one of the Midlands events and want to fly at the CoC please make it known on this thread or PM me.

The current positions in the league are at: http://www.gbsra.co.uk/winter-league-2016-17

Simon

• Like 1

Peter G

Looking forward to it! I can confirm the entries from Scotland will be:

Peter Gunning, Dave Watson, Ewan Maxwell, Mick Walsh and George Young

• Like 3

simon_t

Current entries, still awaiting some confirmations.  As there are spaces available still, if anyone who flew in or entered any of the Winter League comps would like to fly, then please let me know.

Simon

CoC2017.png

SilentPilot

I'd like to come along and help out on the Saturday. Working Sunday though.

Might even maiden my Willow (non comp!) if conditions are nice, while you guys are having a tea break or something :D 

Brett82

Hi Guys

Really sorry to say I don't think I am going to make it. As much as I want to go I just cant afford it right now. I was going to see if I could crash on someones sofa and get a lift with someone but because I'm out the way for anyone going it would be a major inconvenience to a lot of people. If I had known sooner that there would be so few entries from the Midlands and I would be able to go I would have planned better but sadly its not to be. Next year will be different.

I will be at Whitesheet next Month so hopefully I will get to see you all there. Take care guys and have a fantastic weekend. 

Sorry Simon....

Brett

simon_t

Current entries for Champ of Champs next weekend.  There are still a few spare slots if anyone who entered or flew in the winter leagues would like fly, but I need to finalise the entries by 20:00 on Wednesday 29th March.

Simon

CoC2017v2.png

Scott Ravenscroft

Sorry about this guys, been informed I have to attend a surprise get together next weekend, so secret no one even told me..... I will not be able to attend, see you all at the Welsh open !! Have a great weekend.  

simon_t

A couple of updates to the entry list.  There is one day left to enter if you entered or flew in the winter leagues and would like fly.

Entries will close at 20:00 on Wednesday 29th March. 

Simon

CoC2017v3.png

• Like 1

simon_t

Entries now closed - no further changes so the post above shows the entries.  We will meet at 09:00 latest at the main car park at Horcum on Saturday morning, before heading to the slope.  PM me if you need any further info.

Simon

Peter G

The trophies are here, just missing a bottle of beer :D

58dd18e7bca5a_IMAG0503(Custom).thumb.jpg.b9dfdc3789ed45690594e26a9fd6a36b.jpg

• Like 8

SilentPilot

One of these days I'll have one of those on my window ledge :D 

• Like 2

Brett82
56 minutes ago, SilentPilot said:

One of these days I'll have one of those on my window ledge :D 

Something for you, me and everyone else to work towards mate. Dream high as they say. 

• Like 1

simon_t
5 hours ago, Peter G said:

The trophies are here, just missing a bottle of beer :D

58dd18e7bca5a_IMAG0503(Custom).thumb.jpg.b9dfdc3789ed45690594e26a9fd6a36b.jpg

and the excellent main trophy, which I have packed ready....

Simon

• Like 1

SilentPilot

My apologies, I can't make tomorrow...

I was only planning on helping out, but circumstances dictate that I'm unable to attend (Funny how having a 7 month old baby can do that!)

Sorry!!!

Tony 

simon_t
1 hour ago, SilentPilot said:

My apologies, I can't make tomorrow...

I was only planning on helping out, but circumstances dictate that I'm unable to attend (Funny how having a 7 month old baby can do that!)

Sorry!!!

Tony 

Thanks for letting us know.  

Simon

• Like 1

jwest532

Hi guys

Good luck for the weekend.  Let us know how you are all getting on...

Joel

• Like 1

Gromit

Wishing everyone a very enjoyable & successful Champ of Champs comp, I look forward to lots of comp updates, pics, & vid please.

Good luck to you all.

Stu.

• Like 3

Martin_N

Hope you guys have a great comp and a good battle on the slope!

• Like 3

Martin_N

One thing I've neglected to mention, well done to all the cd's and especially to Simon for pulling a comp together. I have not been involved in F3F as long as many of you, but in my short time this has been a particularly difficult winter. 

F3F is an awesome experience and very very challenging which you should all try to rise to the challenge. Understanding setups to cover a range of conditions and different slopes we fly is 100% like no other f3x disapline, some may say it is luck, but it is definitely not about luck. Look for the small wins and the big ones will follow.  

On a personal note, I was lucky to have a experienced pilot to fly with, but I have found that in F3F, pilots are always ready to help and offer advise when asked.

please enjoy and encourage!

Gromit

Morning Guys,

Hows the weather this morning ? whats the forecast for throughout the day ? What are the prospects for a full days racing ?

Stu.

• Like 1