Sign in to follow this  
Tony Beckett

4th F3K 14 Day Duration Challenge

Tony Beckett

Fourth Challenge ready to go in case Tony M (or anyone else) gets out in the next few days.....

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the F3K (up to 1.5m) or Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.
Object: Fly your F3K or Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Please post your times as follows:-. Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. Previous challenges since 2012 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

tonym

A little more wind here today than Monday but still a lovely day. Took some ballast with me (20, 40 & 60g) fitted the 60g stick in the XXLite and it was still getting thrown about in the turbulence. Eventually got a 3:59 with the last half of that done at around 40ft.

Tony Merritt
F3K
XXLite
3:59
30/3/2017
Lawford

Thanks for continuing to run these challenges TonyB

TonyM

Tony Beckett

aResult.jpg

tonym

A quick fly before lunch, had to curtail last flight so as not to be late home. If the weather is like it is here in other parts of the country then I'm sure my times are soon to be obliterated. No telling what I could have flown with more time, will be trying for longer tomorrow I hope.

Tony Merritt
F3K
XXLite
6:18
2/4/2017
Lawford

thechalster

Cracking day today in the Peak District.  Wind about 3-4 mph.  Visibility excellent broken blue sky with clouds streeting up nicely, all a bit to easy really.  Had the nxt out first d0ing a bit of 5x2 and generally getting  use to this new model. Then out came the trusty vortex 2.  Thought it was about time  I got on the board with a one hour flight with a dlg.  Quick trimming flight the bang into a big one took it as high as a dare to my comfortable visibility height. Repeated this 6 or 7 time,  the limiting factor on this flight was my bladder, it was getting pain full so gave in after a hour.

mike c

vortex 2

1 hr 40 second.

• Like 1

MikeDLG

Welcome to the club :-) 

Tony Beckett

Good to read about Mikes flight of 1:00:04, first this year of over an hour, with Mike being the 8th person to exceed an hour on the list I have been keeping. (www.f3k.uk)

I was operating at the other end of the scale with a 10:04.......

aatimes.jpg

Simon Jones

Well done Mike and welcome to the Club!.  I have been away this weekend and nowhere near F3K models.  Hopefully, I can get out during the week and have throw, but I have sprained my elbow and not sure how it will hold up - I think your time is looking good for challenge 4 though!

Simon

cirrusRC

Nice one Mike.   

tonym

Excellent flight Mike, seems I'll have to try and join the hour club then, I remember flying a 55 minute flight a long while ago, will take a comfy chair with me tomorrow :-)

TonyM

Phil C

And an empty plastic bottle too ;) 

thechalster
5 minutes ago, Phil C said:

And an empty plastic bottle too ;) 

If only I flew single stick it could have been 2 hours😃

• Like 1

Nick

Hi all ,

Great flight Mike 

I fly today in the park close to my home more than 3h , today was great weather I done 2 long flight 11min 54 sec and another one was 10min 15sec , a lot of thermal but most time I keep same high , only few big thermal and I fly up to 206m it was great fun with my Nxt , I made also a lot of video clips with my GoPro but when is to high the plane is not see on the camera :) 

Nikola A

11min 54 sec 

02/apr/2017

Stream Nxt , London

Ian68

Nice to get out today light wind.... had some good flights two over 8 min and good height gains. Best today was 8.47 .

Well done Mike!

Tony Beckett

Phil C

After a lunchtime session with my mosquito, I got home at 4pm & decided a quick fling with the stream was in order, first of the year. Still very lifty & the sun was still shining. Reckon I was just flying on thermal waves but was happy to come back down with a 5:57.

Will be going out again tomorrow so hoping for better ;) but doubt it'll be a 'Mike C' beater 👏🏼

Simon P

Sweaty hands here. After what feels like years not taking part in this postal I decided to give it a go today. 9 minutes exactly right off the bat. First flight for me this year and first for my Elf in about a year. Lost sight of it numerous times and sharing a thermal so high with a couple of buzzards began to get confusing. Then my transmitter beeped inexplicably (JR with telemetry) and with the Elf a speck in the sky I decided to come back down ASAP. Success is always good but can be overwhelming if you aren't prepared for it. Still at the park right now so will have a few more flights to calm down but suffice to say Phil's time will stand for now.

• Like 1

Simon Jones

I managed to get out today for the first time in ages.  It was lovely to be out but I thought I had lost the plot as I was struggling to get over 3 mins!  I hooked up with a narrow thermal and found that once I got to 500ft or so it was much better.  Having said that when the sink came it was almost everywhere and I finished with an 11.30 before going back to work.  Nothing to worry Mike C!!

Simon

cirrusRC

Know what you mean Simon - I've had a couple of 30 min flights the last few days.  Felt too easy until I hit the sink and then couldn't escape it no matter where I went.   Cracking weather for April though.

Nick

Hello all , I flew this morning only 2h because I have problem with the plane very quick drain the battery 1bat 1s 1200mah and 1s 1000mah I drop down to 3,6v for 2h .

That happened after few days after very hard landing in the ground , but happy not any damage on the plane .

This morning was very big thermals all flight over 4,5,6min  2 best flight was 13.04min and 15.34min and second one I went up to 281m but the battery warning was on and I came down to not lost the model :( 

I went afternoon but was very strong the wind I few with ballast but it was dangerous and I flew only 20min and I come back home 

Nikola A

Stream Nxt

15.34min

09/04/2017  London 

20170409_105956.thumb.jpg.8316aadb2ea05d65ffa89a5e3b8e3f63.jpg

• Like 1