Sign in to follow this  
mtreble

BMFA F3F League 2 Wales on 21st May 2017

Andy_B

Girls and Boys , I cant remember who the league co-ordinator is this year BUT.........there is a PSS event scheduled this weekend at the Bwlch   with the newly reformed SWSA group ...........this could prove somewhat interesting as I assume the League co-ord has liaised directly with the land owner . 

• Like 2

oipigface

Both Simon the Chairman, and Steve Houghton (PSSA) are aware of this clash, but neither seemed too worried when I contacted them. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Although some wind directions can support two groups, it looks like the iIce Cream slope may be on at the weekend, and I'm not at all sure that that would be comfortable.

abbof3f
23 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Girls and Boys , I cant remember who the league co-ordinator is this year BUT.........there is a PSS event scheduled this weekend at the Bwlch   with the newly reformed SWSA group ...........this could prove somewhat interesting as I assume the League co-ord has liaised directly with the land owner . 

So that means there,s 2 lots of nutters gonna get p155 wet through!

• Like 3

Phil.Taylor

PSS F3F - now theres an idea - for another time & place

Seriously, who is going to step up to sort this out? - I'm sure nobody wants problems and/or safety concerns at the slope.

Phil.

• Like 3

simon_t

It is sorted, so please stop the discussion and leave the organisation to the organisers (both organisers have discussed and are in agreement).  There is enough room (unlike many slopes) to coexist on all but the Ice Cream slope.

Simon 

• Like 5

Martin_N
22 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

PSS F3F - now theres an idea - for another time & place

Seriously, who is going to step up to sort this out? - I'm sure nobody wants problems and/or safety concerns at the slope.

Phil.

Sorry Simon,

Really Phil? was that necessary. Biggest reason towards me giving up flying. Show a bit of thought to the organisers.

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor
1 hour ago, Martin_N said:

Sorry Simon,

Really Phil? was that necessary. Biggest reason towards me giving up flying. Show a bit of thought to the organisers.

Absolutely necessary, or I wouldnt have posted it

Genuine concerns were raised in this thread - there was no authoritative response - until Simons post, for which I have added a thankyou.

"Show a bit of thought to the organisers" - sorry, but IMHO that's the wrong way round - organisers should show a bit of thought to the participants, without whom there would be no events to organise. When those participants have genuine concerns because the slope is double-booked, getting all "high & mighty" really doesn't help at all.

Phil.

• Like 3

Martin_N

Oh dear Phil!

Far better ways to communicate your concerns but I guess that's to much to ask and glad I am knownlonger involved and I would hazard a guess that you are also glad I'm not involved 😂

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor
37 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

Oh dear Phil!

Far better ways to communicate your concerns but I guess that's to much to ask

???

This is a thread about "BMFA F3F League 2 Wales on 21st May 2017" - ideal place for folks to communicate their concerns & find out whats happening.

Phil.

Martin_N

Phil,

Will you be posting one of your weather calls as well like normal? 

Please at least leave that to the guys that pull this together.

Phil.Taylor
31 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

Phil,

Will you be posting one of your weather calls as well like normal? 

Please at least leave that to the guys that pull this together.

Bad-Weather.thumb.jpg.a52a65877e19b11e5b9fcd3b268202a9.jpg

• Like 1

Omega

Looks like South Wales to me !

simon_t

Entry for Sunday is now closed.  

There will be a weather call sometime after 20:00 on Friday evening, together with meeting point details etc.  CD for the day will be John Phillips.  At the moment Back of Wrecker is indicated, but as we all know it is far too early to confirm slopes.  

As has already been observed we will be sharing the Bwlch with a PSS fly-in, attended by SWSA members and others.  Provisional slope allocations have already been agreed with the PSS organiser.  There is no reason why there should be any issues between the two groups (their organiser is aware of the one 35MHz flyer on 72 in our group).  Please ensure all other flyers are treated courteously and with respect, and if you notice a potential issue please report it via the CD, JP.

Simon

• Like 12

simon_t

Consulting various weather forecasts and with two CDs, it was a unanimous decision to call Sunday ON.  

Meet at the ICE CREAM Car Park 8:30-9:00 latest.  Please don't be late as it is a reasonably large entry so we need to get going promptly to get the rounds in.

The forecast still looks like Back of Wrecker in moderate winds, with a lesser chance of the long walk around the Crest.  

JP will be overall CD, and as we will be sharing the slope (at a comfortable distance) with the PSS guys, please follow his instructions for parking and on the slope.  

I won't be there, but have a great day's racing.

Simon

• Like 3

Peter G

Good stuff!

If anyone is around in Bridgend on Saturday night? I will be...

• Like 1

jwest532
38 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Good stuff!

Currently in tense negotiation :)

• Like 2

Brett82

:frantics:... Lets go racing.

See you all there. 

mtreble
11 hours ago, Peter G said:

Good stuff!

I will be

• Like 1

Les

What time on Sunday morning?