BMFA F3F League 2 Wales on 21st May 2017

mtreble

Well done to the top 6,  All showed excellent, consistant flying skills at its best.  I need to learn from these guys not to cut 3 times (one cost me a PB). Other than that a really enjoyable day and I am loving the baudis hardware!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rumbey said:

Well done to the top 6,  All showed excellent, consistant flying skills at its best.  I need to learn from these guys not to cut 3 times (one cost me a PB). Other than that a really enjoyable day and I am loving the baudis hardware!!

you flew well Dave ........not bad for a part timer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtreble said:

turning confidently and keeping on track throughout the run.

.... and hitting Base A (where I was buzzerman at the time) very consistently and accurately. Excellent start, Brett.

(I reckon it took me six years to get my first sub-40.)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. I'm still "buzzing" (sorry, that was really bad but I had too) :whistle:

Well, what was not to like about that. Great organisation (thanks John), great weather, great company = a fantastic day out.  

Thanks to everyone for mucking in as it made the whole day run so much smoother. The PSS event ran in parallel without any problems (thanks guys).  It would have been nice to see some of their amazing models up close however by the time we finished they had mostly gone and I was to knackered to climb the hill :(

Anyway F3F in Wales has it's MOJO back, roll on the next one :) 

• Like 6

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone else but I was wondering if there were any particular rounds that most people got there best times on to see if the conditions were at their best at one particular point. It also seemed as if the conditions dropped off a bit after the break so I also thought maybe most of the best rounds would have been earlier with hardly any later on. It seems people found their rhythm at different points because it is spread out over all the rounds apart from the 1st (no surprise there) and the 9th.

Capture.JPG

After what seem like endless months of no wind or too much rain, the Bwlch finally delivered. Nice day out, but a pity about the cut. It cost me two places. I'll get you next time, Burgess!

• Like 5

Greg Dakin

Great day out - many thanks to JP for keeping matters on track and to all those that helped out.

Big congrats to the podium guys, especially to Mark who flew very well from the outset, and Pete who pipped me by a tiny margin, presumably as an act of retribution for withholding my bib, and preventing an early return to Scotland - sorry about that Pete!!!

It was inevitable that Joel was going to take the win - that base trimming reversal with a loaded Freestyler in conditions where the vertical lift exceeded the horizontal, was always going to win through.....and there's no better exponent of this technique than Mr. West. Nice flying Joely!!!!

I had a mixed day - started slowly, peaked mid-race and copped indifferent air in the final three rounds. Ho hum...

Delighted to see Brett enjoying the race too, and what a way to finish by taking a PB and delivery of a minty Fosa - wonderful stuff!!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 7