Sign in to follow this  
mtreble

BMFA F3F League 2 Wales on 21st May 2017

Andy_B

8:30 to 9...leave here at 6

• Like 2

abbof3f

Sorry guys, won't be able to make it this sunday ....hope you all have a great day cheers Abo

Gromit

Wishing everyone a very enjoyable and successful days racing tomoz, have a great day guys.

Some pics please :yes:.

Stu.

Alibabaj
14 hours ago, Peter G said:

Good stuff!

If anyone is around in Bridgend on Saturday night? I will be...

Hi Pete and all those staying Sat, I'll be there also.

hopfully see you on Mickies this afternoon 

G

• Like 1

Peter G

Sat Nav has me arriving at 7.15pm so probably not flying today. Could be at O'Neills (or what ever pub in middle of town is called these days) for 8ish

oipigface
10 hours ago, Les said:

What time on Sunday morning? 

Too late for curry!

• Like 2

Gromit

Looking forward to hearing all about todays racing :popcorn:

Stu.

rumbey

Great day today. Good turnout and some exciting flying on view! Thanks to CDs JP, Mark. Pete and Graeme and Pete for buzzer duties.  Sun came out too and got a bit burnt but much better than the usual clag we've had lately!

• Like 6

Phil.Taylor

A grand day out :)

Big thanks to JP for the good call on which slope & making the wind blow on it all day. Thanks to the centre men & buzzer supremo for keeping us moving. 

Wales - and not a single drop of rain - very odd

Phil.

• Like 6

Brett82

What an amazing days flying, thanks to all who put it together and sat in the centre. Looking forward to seeing the final results. 

For those that are interested here is the only video (I think) from the day. Was my slowest time but as Murphys law would have it, its the only run I had recorded. 

• Like 4

Peter G

Nice video Brett, shame you didn't get your SUB 40 on camera! Great to watch your round by round improvement too.

A very enjoyable day with a decent wind on the back of the wrecker. All the better once I worked out where to land (thanks Andy!).

The drive home doesn't get any easier, needed 40 winks at Gretna but home by 2am. 

• Like 10

Peter G

Oh and smart motorways are not that smart, I much prefer the ordinary 70 (ish) mph type.

• Like 1

Brett82
38 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Nice video Brett, shame you didn't get your SUB 40 on camera! Great to watch your round by round improvement too.

A very enjoyable day with a decent wind on the back of the wrecker. All the better once I worked out where to land (thanks Andy!).

The drive home doesn't get any easier, needed 40 winks at Gretna but home by 2am. 

Thanks Peter

I know, when I was driving home I was thinking its such a pity I don't have that on video. After I got the 43.xx and the wind seemed to drop off when we had the break I thought that was going to be my PB. I couldn't believe it when Mark called out 39.63 (i think it was .63). 

I think it was all the encouragement from everyone as the rounds went on that helped my confidence. If anyone out there is thinking of taking up F3F, just do it. You will get loads of support from everyone, its a great sport and a great bunch of guys. 

• Like 3

Gromit
9 minutes ago, Brett82 said:

Thanks Peter

I know, when I was driving home I was thinking its such a pity I don't have that on video. After I got the 43.xx and the wind seemed to drop off when we had the break I thought that was going to be my PB. I couldn't believe it when Mark called out 39.63 (i think it was .63). 

I think it was all the encouragement from everyone as the rounds went on that helped my confidence. If anyone out there is thinking of taking up F3F, just do it. You will get loads of support from everyone, its a great sport and a great bunch of guys. 

'Cracking flying' Brett, congrats on achieving a sub 40 so early on in your F3f racing :).

Stu.

• Like 1

fpljohn

Hi all

Thanks to all yesterday, the day went well and every one did there bit to make the comp run well

Shame the computer had a fault have way through, but we had the back up gear so all was well

Unchecked results below, these were sorted in the car on the way home by Uncle Pete 

should ok but I sure Pete will confirm later and post full score sheet

cheers

JP 

1Joel West 1000.0
2 Mark Treble 968.69
3 Peter Gunning 964.57
4 Greg Dakin 964.09
5 John Phillips 957.97
6 Graeme Mahoney 938.89
7 Dave Rumble 930.56
8 Tony Livingstone 915.38
9 Keith Wood 907.91
10 Martin Drewett 891.82
11 Mike Evans 890.47
12 Andy Burgoyne 886.46
13 Paul Stubley 854.41
14 Peter Burgess 853.17
15 John Treble 850.94
16 Ian Falconer 841.91
17 Brett Larrett 821.58
18 Phil Taylor 813.52
19 Nigel Witchalls 760.2
20 Tony Robertson 736.23
21 Les Wood 567.51

Fastest time: 33.88 by Joel West in round 4

• Like 8

Brett82
11 minutes ago, Gromit said:

'Cracking flying' Brett, congrats on achieving a sub 40 so early on in your F3f racing :).

Stu.

Thanks Grommit

Well done Joel, Mark and Peter on the podium positions. Greg was only just pipped to the post there but what an amazing display of flying you guys all put on.  

Looking forward to seeing the full round by round times and results. 

Gromit

Brett, were you flying your Skorp ?

Stu.

Brett82
Just now, Gromit said:

Brett, were you flying your Skorp ?

Stu.

Yes, the video above was my first flight. Because I had never flown there before and I was so nervous I decided to take it easy and so for the first two flights I flew it empty. After that I stuck a little over 600 grams ballast in and flew it like that for the rest of the comp. That was 8 out of 12 slugs, next time I will try with full ballast if the conditions are right. 

• Like 1

mtreble

Great start to the league. Thanks to all who came, flew, launched, buzzed and ran the event. Highlight of the day was seeing Brett go from a bag of nerves to flying his first sub 40, turning confidently and keeping on track throughout the run.

looking forward to the nationals in 2 weeks time in Scotland!

• Like 9

rumbey
1 hour ago, Brett82 said:

Thanks Peter

Wow that didn't take you long to break the sub 40.  Well done!

• Like 1