Kent Interclub Glider 2 (Multilaunch) 4 June

Nick Jackson

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson

You're invited to Kent Interclub Glider 2 Multilaunch competition to be held at the Invicta site at Sutton Valence, Sunday 4 June.  Ian Nicholls will be back from holiday to act as CD on the day but I'm fronting up till then (and many thanks to Invicta for sorting the field and sound system).

Open to all. £5 fee for fliers who are not members of a KI club. Entries, please, by 10pm Friday 2 June so a matrix can be set up. Please reply here or email me (jackson272894@yahoo.com)

The Rules are BARCS Multilaunch.  Electric launched gliders must have a motor stop function set at 175m and 30 seconds and the Time Keeper must, for electric launched gliders, record the F5J launch height on the score sheet in addition to the normal flight time and landing points. (Please note that this is for future Kent Interclub evaluation of rules. You are asked to set height limiters at 175m and will not be penalised if your actual launch heights are higher - though the CD might have a word about abnormal zooming).

The Sutton Valence field location is as shown on the attached flying field directions and Map Link   
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&msa=0&z=15&ie=UTF8&mid=1aUAe8hQF_d0FtDs2w8fWwT3342A&ll=51.20294501242778%2C0.5932615000000396

We want to have a full day's flying so please check in by 09:30 latest and be ready for Pilots Briefing at 09:45 with the competition starting at 10:00 sharp.

We hope to fly 6 rounds. Each flier's lowest score will be discarded as long as we manage a minimum of 4 rounds.

Would love to come guys, but I am away that weekend.

Hope you have a great day.

regards

Eamon

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson

Pity - hoping you might be there, maybe even with your new Xplorer. Next time instead?

2 hours ago, Nick Jackson said:

Pity - hoping you might be there, maybe even with your new Xplorer. Next time instead?

Cheers Nick, but have to take family away occasionally :-)

Saying that, with a massive thanks to Pete Mitchell, Eddy Small and Mike Raybone I have built the Xplorer and hope to maiden it this weekend.

Fingers crossed I have built it properly.

Regards

Eamon

IMG_0053.JPG

• Like 2

Eddy Small

Well done Eamon.

What gear have you used and have you altered the tail plane fixing?

Eddy.

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson

Thanks, Mike. There'll be four of you from Bloobirds. 

5 hours ago, Eddy Small said:

Well done Eamon.

What gear have you used and have you altered the tail plane fixing?

Eddy.

Hi Eddy,

no have left as is for the time being. Want to fly it and see how the model handles before I make any changes. 

Used MKS servos all round and the power line 1025 with a 60amp HV esc. Couldn't get the cog to 131 as recommended without using some ballast in the nose. 

Nanotec 850 battery pushed all the way forward. 

Was too windy today to even give it a throw to see how it's balanced so will have to wait to try it. 

Looks magnificent when fully assembled. Very happy. 

Will see how it looks after the first flight ;-)

Eamon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee Member
Nick Jackson

Entrants so far:

Keith Benton
Mike Connell
Steve Crowther
Keith Fisher
Alan Harris
Richard Harris
Greg Hayfield
Michael Hodgkiss
Nick Jackson
Brian Martin
Ian Nicholls
John Postle
Rod Potts
Eddy Small
Alan Twine
Tony Wood
David Yale

Entry is open up to 10pm Friday - electric or winch welcome.