CANCELLED - BMFA F3K League 10 June 2017 Malvern

TonyHickson

TonyHickson

COMPETITION CANCELLED. FORECAST TO BE TOO WINDY.

BMFA F3K League 10 June 2017 Malvern. At the Malvern Soaring Association field in Upton on Severn. This is a great venue for gliding with plenty of space and apparently the weather is going to be brilliant! PM me or post here to enter with name, freq and BMFA number. Deadline for entries 1900 Thursday 8 June. I will make a call on the weather 1200 09 June and post here. BMFA membership required. £10 on the day. As always, first time competition pilots very welcome. Please arrive by 0930 latest for the first round to start at 1000.

Directions to the field here.

Some bonus directions as a few people have found it tricky previously: Google Maps satellite image view shows it very clearly. Exit the A4104 onto E(ast) Waterside. Drive to the end and turn right, heading back under the A4104 into the field. You'll end up driving along the Severn way pretty much. Please stick to driving along the track on the edge of the field. We'll park up about where the tent is on the Google maps image (shown as of 30/5/17). 

I will open the gate under the bridge from about 0800-0930 for competitors to drive onto the field, then lock it again. It can be opened again during the day if competitors need to drive in and out. Spectators are welcome, but unless they want to stay all day like competitors will need to park on the right along the slip road just off the main road. The parking here is obvious and used by locals who come to walk the footpath around the field. Our club hosts are sensitive about vehicle access to the field, and I will be too busy flying, timing and running a comp (or at least trying to) to be back and forward all day to the gate.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Entries:

Tony Hickson  171108

Matt Kerrigan  200232

Neil Pritchett

Martin Oldershaw  83942

Les Wood  122361

Mike Stern

Mike Challinor

Lorry Green

Richard Swindells

Simon Barker  185231

Phil P?

Jonathon  Bennetto   176780

Mike Fantham

Carlos Dos Santos

Neil Harrison

• Like 2

TonyHickson

Looks like we have enough for a valid league competition, which is always a good start!

On reflection the BMFA number is nugatory information, it's not used anywhere by me and I just got in the habit of asking for it as it was in a previous entry thread I copied the first time I did one. However, I would appreciate it if the people whose surnames I haven't managed to work out (denoted by a ? In the entry list above) could let me know please. It just feels neater when doing the tables and also in my view works better if I need to call your names out to remind you who should be flying. I may be biased in that as we have had 3 Tonys in a 12 person comp! Conscious it could look cliquey to some of the newer flyers (who I'm looking forward to meeting) that I appear to have pulled some people's names out of thin air, but to be fair some of them I have had the misfortune of knowing for quite a few years now.

The latest weather model has just finished running on my special CD's super computer and the forecast still looks great! ;)

18 minutes ago, TonyHickson said:

However, I would appreciate it if the people whose surnames I haven't managed to work out (denoted by a ? In the entry list above) could let me know please. It just feels neater when doing the tables and also in my view works better if I need to call your names out to remind you who should be flying. I may be biased in that as we have had 3 Tonys in a 12 person comp! Conscious it could look cliquey to some of the newer flyers (who I'm looking forward to meeting) that I appear to have pulled some people's names out of thin air, but to be fair some of them I have had the misfortune of knowing for quite a few years now.

Martin O = Martin Oldershaw :)

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Can't see my name on the list?

Would love to come if you'll have me 🙈

• Like 1

TonyHickson
5 hours ago, Neil Harrison said:

Can't see my name on the list?

Would love to come if you'll have me 🙈

Sorry Neil, rushing this morning. You should be on there now :)

Also makes it up to 15, which I reckon passes the threshold for 3 groups.