Sign in to follow this  
pete beadle

Circle Dancer 3000 electric (V1/V2)

pete beadle

Hi all

I'm after some information on the Circle Dancer 3000 RES distributed by Hyperflight

Anyone own one currently? What do you think of the 'plane? There is very little information on the Hyperflight website apart from the comment "ARTF version of the venerable Bubble Dancer by Dr Mark Drela"  nothing from owners, no reviews, no build notes, I can't find any videos on YouTube, no comments on RCGroups, not even who makes them?........odd!

Can anyone help me out on this? ANY info would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Ribs

Hi Pete,

As it says, it's an artf version of the bubble dancer. As I understand it, the spar is not the same build as the original Drela plan, which was a Kevlar-wrapped carbon strip affair and was designed for huge loading on the winch. The circle dancer is aimed at more sedate launching I think. I'm guessing you already have the link to the Drela plans, but if not they are here: http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/bubbledancer/markdrela-bubbledancer-3m.htm

Also, I just had a quick look and I can see two reviews for the 3000 RES glider, though none for the 3600 glider. The 3000 RES electric has no reviews but the 3600 electric has 5, so between the variants you should get a fair idea of the build and flying characteristics.

cheers,

Ribs

pete beadle

Hi Ribs

Thanks for this, I honestly thought I was going to get no replies at all until you posted yours

Unfortunately I have seen the Rivers plan and pics and was surprised at how different the pics on Hyperflight's website were to the Drela original featured on the Rivers plans and pics.......

I thought it would be easy to get simple background information on the Circle Dancer 3000 electric but also found no reviews of that specific version as you did(n't), there is one five line review somewhere on the Interweb thingy apparently but that's obviously not going to tell me much, is it?......

I'm wondering if I should approach Neil Stainton direct, but again was very surprised when I didn't see lots of posts on RCGroups from him answering questions about any of these (new, to us) ARTF planes.......but, maybe there's a good reason for the absence(?).......aaaargh!

What do I need to know?.....Where they're made, for a start........whether wing panels, fuselages etc would be available as spares in their pre-assembled form for example......to me it's just ODD......as you all realise, I'm sure, I'm thinking of pressing the "buy" button myself.......but that's not gonna happen any time soon until I get some answers.......they're showing "out of stock" on Hyperflight's ads anyway so there's no rush to (severely) reduce my limited supply of beer tokens.......

Anyway, let's see if anyone else comes through with the "griff" shortly now the door is opened......anybody?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

wixy

Hi pete 

its made in CZ   By Hobby Arena ,??.

goes by different names in different countries .

It is also available direct 

If you are looking for a built up electric model Höllein produce  a couple off Cnc cut kits that have a good reputation

Though best for light wind conditions.

G

pete beadle

Hi Graham

Thanks mate, the first light at the end of the tunnel!

Good suggestion about "Der Famlische Hollein" - I'll have a look at their website this evening

Regards

Pete

Egingtons

Hi Pete I am building the introduction f5j well cut kit that is nice to build. Very good build forum on another site. Don't know if I can post it here.

pete beadle

Hi Egingtons

Thanks for your reply

Can you publish a link to the other site please? I'm sure Austin won't mind because people who don't want the info will just ignore it.........I, on the other hand will be very grateful for it......

I downloaded the instruction/assembly booklet from hobbyarena.cz, as recommended by Wixy and that was very useful. Problem was the (beautifully illustrated)booklet, which is published in Czech with side-by-side English translation, can be a bit of a minefield. For example, my new neighbours who are Polish, have many friends that come from the "old" Eastern European bloc countries, who visit them regularly, and their Czech friend, who was there today, and did a bit of translating for me this morning, (over the garden fence actually), said that many of the translations in the booklet were not using the correct English word in the correct context, and so were not really very useful.........anyway, that aside......it looks like the Circle Dancer 3000 is now a real contender for receiving my hard-earned.......it would just be nice to see if there were other owners/users out there that could help to confirm my (probable) choice for me.......  

As usual, my misgivings about this model were/are based on a lack of information about it, and, it appears I was just looking in the wrong place, because I  didn't know where to look, rather than reading in the wrong message from what I was not getting. about the absence of buyer/user info

That's the main trouble with the Interweb Thingy IMHO, ask in the wrong place for anything, or describe it differently from the way the holders of the information you require describe, it and, suddenly it's "computer says no, Sir":frantics:

Still, we finally seem to be getting there and, once again it's "kudos to the BARCS forum" once again:yes::D

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

mhodgson

Pete

This thread talks about the 3.6m version mostly but could be of interest. There seems to be a positive reaction to the design/manufacturer.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2450382-Hobby-Arena-CZ

There may be others on there. Try searching for k3000 or k3600.

You could also try the European forums. They are more likely to have something.

Youtube has several videos

pete beadle

Hi mhodgson

Thanks for this

Yes, Mr Marek appears to be Mr ArenaHobby and the K3000 looks like the RES version with the K3600 as the full-house version

Time to come clean though, 3 days ago I decided the Circle Dancer WAS the one for me and went and collected mine from the previous owner......so, it's pre-owned and pre-loved but has never flown........kitted out with motor, ESC and servos it's EXACTLY what I want(ed) and I'm VERY, VERY happy with it......

So, thanks everyone for your very useful replies and thank you, like me, you can stop looking now.......thank you all.......my apologies for not letting you all know sooner but, in my defence, I did still want a vid or two to see how she looked in the air........pretty isn't it?:)

More when I've flown it.......

Regards

Pete

BARC1702