Sign in to follow this  
Tony Beckett

8th Mosquito 14 Day Challenge of 2017

Tony Beckett

Alan has just won the 7th Challenge and with lower wind speeds forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday here is the 8th Challenge ready for anyone who can get out.

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.

Object: Fly your  Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Please post your times as follows:-. Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. Previous challenges for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

• Like 1

Phil C

Just had a great time with the Strike.

First (half hearted) launch straight into lift & up away catching thermal after thermal. Specked out but should have held on for my 20min mark!

landed at 18:35, got a few more 5's & 6's. 

Incredible infill today, must have been some enormous boomers going off! Came in as I started to wilt in the heat 

Phil carter 20/7/17 Strike 2. 18:35

• Like 4

Tony Beckett

Tony Beckett

Phil wins the 8th Mosquito Challenge.

aResult.jpg

If anyone wants to start the 9th Challenge perhaps they could post here and I will then start the new thread.

StraightEdge

Well done Phil!

• Like 1

Reggie Perrin

So... A beautiful still morning in Surrey with small clouds bubbling up and casually drifting through. For me, I had a day of flight tests to do which meant spending a whole day at our Surrey site instead of Cambridge..

In between each test I have about 20 mins of free time for 'paperwork' which today meant tossing the Elf about. Lots of 3 and 4 minute flights and some bumpy cold sink in between the thermals, but the swallows were chasing bugs and finding lift so I headed in their direction..

A hefty launch to a respectable height and into some air that just felt buoyant wherever I was. Now, our Surrey field is next to Fairoaks so we have to be careful but the Elf was just hanging at 300 feet and not coming down. eventually, with the next candidate waiting, I touched down for a 13 minute flight...

Alan Perrin   Mosquito   Elf   07/07/17  13:07

Reggie Perrin

By the way.... Ankle is coping really well...

Time to bring out the NXT's...!!

• Like 1