Replacement aerials for MPX

Bustergrunt

Bustergrunt

I need to put longer aerials in my MPX Rx 7 lite as the carbon nose in my Pike WR blanks the current short ones.

Does anyone know if the FRSky i.e. FrSky V8 D8 TFR Receiver Antenna, which I can get from T9 will snap onto the mpx aerial terminals?

cheers

SilentPilot

Have you measured your MPX connectors?

There are 2 main sizes that I know of, 2mm & 3mm. Most of my stuff uses the FrSky 3mm antennas but my LemonRx receivers use 2mm. 

Tony :) 

Bustergrunt

Aerials obtained from T9 and fitted to the (Don't tell him) Pike....range check appears okay so flight testing to follow....

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks, also looking at your photo it appears that the two aerials run parallel straight out the top of the fuselage, rather than the recommended 90 deg apart, is that the case? if so do you see any drop in link quality when the glider is above you or banking away shielding both aerials?

• 1 month later...

Did you trim the exposed/inner part of the antenna? I thought I read 'elsewhere' that you needed to trim it down to the same size as the MPX antenna's