F3k transport box

Slopenut84

Hey all,

Have any of you got plans or know a source for a good transport box ?

I am off to Hawaii for 3months at the end of the year and want to do some flying over there. 

Thanks 

Matt

Hi Matt,

I've made on which is a bit larger than need be, but ideal if you don't want to remove the stab's (i'm lazy so leave them attached). Can take 4 models for future-proofing being optimistic!

Size is 1600 x 380 x 250 and comes out of one sheet of 5.5mm ply plus some lengths of strip wood for corner reinforcement. you're welcome to copy if it suits you. The 380 matches the gun case width I use for my ELG.

Mike Stern has a more compact design that is worth a look at which may be better for luggage on planes.

How was Weston Park yesterday?

Neil P

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

Thanks that does good. I'll have a look at the next comp if that's cool.

Yeah was great yesterday,super hot ,super busy too. Lots off water was needed.

Only one stand selling gliders though and it was very much high end pre built models.

Matt

Hi Mike,

That does looks good plus the sport tubes look interesting too.

Thanks 🤓

Matt

Richard Swindells

The custom made wooded boxes are by far the most practical. Mike Sterns box is pretty nice too, but does not have the built in model stand.

I've used a sport tube.... the only "gotcha" is it needs some kind of sub-frame inside  to stop the two ends being slid together further than they should be... can happen if the securing pin fails (there was one pilot who had all his models destroyed this way)

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

As some said before - Sportube3. Got one myself and built an inner box of ABS-like material (one you use for conservatories' roofing) for holding pieces inside. Fits 3 DLGs (could be more) and some gear, I.e. TX, some screwdrivers, etc.

Enjoy flying in Hawaii

Eryk

• Like 1