Sign in to follow this  
Tony Beckett

9th F3K 14 Day Duration Challenge

Tony Beckett

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the F3K (up to 1.5m) or Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.
Object: Fly your F3K or Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Post your times as follows:-.
Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. (Please do the posting within 48 hours of the flight)

Previous challenges since 2012 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

Paul Gleeson

Hi

Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight

Paul Gleeson

Strike 2 (1m mosquito)

6:40

Sat 1.7.2017

Bottled it at 100m, way down wind, but made it back OK

Regards

Paul

Flight.PNG

StraightEdge
10 hours ago, Tony Beckett said:

Sorry, posted twice.

Will ask Austin to remove this one......

Tony

Err.. he might have removed the wrong one?

Austin
18 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

Err.. he might have removed the wrong one?

Looks like I did. Tony can edit the first post if there should be info in it.

Tony Beckett

Good to see a new name, together with a trace and using a Mosquito size in the F3K Challenge.

aResult.jpg

Phil C

Knew today would be killer conditions & anything would float well & even I had a chance to get a good time 😂

The Boom didn't upset, after a few launches got in lift to specky heights & continued to enjoy thermal after thermal. 

spectacular day & my best time to date, laid down for a while as neck was hurting, gives a different feel to flying but it still just kept going up! 

Phil carter 3pm 5/7/17 Boom 37:28

• Like 2

BarryH

Just got back from Sutton park near birmingham flying with another forum member here. Started with a 38 min flight and then topped it with a 58m39s using a stark pro that was acquired on the selling pages here. Was ridiculously good conditions today but I messed up near the end and hence didn't make the hour. Pleased with the flight even so as I took a moment before launching to try to work out where some lift would be and threw it straight into an awesome low thermal. Had to bring the stark down a few times as I was getting nervous beyond 400m but I worked a few different thermals in the flight. 

Ill stop waffling now :)

Barry Hearn 58m.39s

• Like 2

Paul Gleeson

Could not fly today:-(

but my new Stark is arriving tomorrow :-)

Phil C
4 hours ago, BarryH said:

Just got back from Sutton park near birmingham flying with another forum member here. Started with a 38 min flight and then topped it with a 58m39s using a stark pro that was acquired on the selling pages here. Was ridiculously good conditions today but I messed up near the end and hence didn't make the hour. Pleased with the flight even so as I took a moment before launching to try to work out where some lift would be and threw it straight into an awesome low thermal. Had to bring the stark down a few times as I was getting nervous beyond 400m but I worked a few different thermals in the flight. 

Ill stop waffling now :)

Barry Hearn 58m.39s

Well Done Barry, I didn't think my time today would last long 😏 Conditions were amazing right!? I know how you feel when it gets to those heights 😵 

Welcome to the forum, good to have another in the challenge! 

BarryH
1 hour ago, Phil C said:

Well Done Barry, I didn't think my time today would last long 😏 Conditions were amazing right!? I know how you feel when it gets to those heights 😵 

Welcome to the forum, good to have another in the challenge! 

thanks phil. It was certainly spot on conditions today in the midlands. about 30% cloud cover and thermal after thermal and no shift at work to ruin it!  I was getting very nervous above 400m as I had a bit of a disaster a few weeks ago when my first dlg, a throwit, got away from me in blue skies and I lost any meaningful visual at 700m+, eventually found it using rssi in a golf sand bunker 1km from where we were flying but it was pretty trashed. Loving my replacement 2nd hand stark pro that my buddy brought from here and subsequently sold on to me. hope to keep this in one piece a bit longer! smashed up a funjet today so glad my dlg got down safely from its epic flight haha.

• Like 1

Tony Beckett

aResult.jpg

Excellent first Challenge time from Barry

• Like 1

Tony Beckett

aaresults.jpg

Barry stayed at the top for 14 days with his 58:39, so wins the 9th Challenge.

Start as low as you like for the 10th Challenge, which is now open. Post the first times here.

• Like 1

Simon Jones

Hi Tony,

After reading the WC reports I was motivated to get out myself.  I wasn't sure where we were in the challenge as I was away last week but well done to Barry!  Good job we are on a new challenge as I did a 45.05 today which would not have beaten Barry.  I could have got a bit more but had to get back to work.....So for Challenge 10:-

Simon Jones, F3K, 45.05, 25.07.17

• Like 1

Whitmore

I was also out this afternoon and I'm not surprised I got whooped since conditions were so nice... but still pleased to get on the F3K board - especially since this was my first speck out with a new model, and my third session with it.

Jon Whitmore, NXT, 9:47, 25/07/17

• Like 1