Tony Beckett

9th Mosquito 14 Day Challenge of 2017

Tony Beckett

Alan Perrin said:-
"So... A beautiful still morning in Surrey with small clouds bubbling up and casually drifting through. For me, I had a day of flight tests to do which meant spending a whole day at our Surrey site instead of Cambridge..

In between each test I have about 20 mins of free time for 'paperwork' which today meant tossing the Elf about. Lots of 3 and 4 minute flights and some bumpy cold sink in between the thermals, but the swallows were chasing bugs and finding lift so I headed in their direction..

A hefty launch to a respectable height and into some air that just felt buoyant wherever I was. Now, our Surrey field is next to Fairoaks so we have to be careful but the Elf was just hanging at 300 feet and not coming down. eventually, with the next candidate waiting, I touched down for a 13 minute flight...

Alan Perrin   Mosquito   Elf   07/07/17  13:07

By the way.... Ankle is coping really well...

Time to bring out the NXT's...!!

aResult.jpg

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.

Object: Fly your  Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Post your times as follows:-.
Pilot Name,  model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. (Please do the posting within 48 hours of the flight.)

Previous challenges since 2012 can be seen at www.f3k.uk

Tony Beckett

No opposition for Alan and he wins the 9th Mosquito Challenge of the year.

Considering what is going on at the World Champs in Ukraine suggesting a 14 Day Challenge is not top priority but anyone is welcome to post a time.....

SilentPilot

I've got a DLG (actually a Mosquito), a 2m RES and my E-Sunbird all in the car so I can join in these 14 day contests, but unfortunately the weather has been horrid lately :( 

Phil C

Well...as couldn't get to fly the nats today, got the chance around 4pm to fly the Strike 2 for half hour. After a Long break from flying this model had a few sketchy moments in the fairly strong winds but soon got away well down wind into the next couple of fields. Chickened out at decent height & Only just managed to get back into my field over the high hedge, great practice ;)

Came down with 4mins dead. Happy with that for the conditions & glad to get the Strike back in the air. Looking forward to Twywell now.....😩..🤔.....should have been flying the Boom! 

Phil carter. Strike 2. 28/8/17. 4:00 

• Like 1