Film over laminate

Darren_O

Any tips on putting film over laminate? I just can't keep the bubbles from appearing...looks a mess :(  Doing a combat wing half a wing at a time trying to get a nice finish and it's just full of tiny bubbles. I could pierce them if I had ten years spare....

You need a beather layer .............lightweight tissue  applied with 3M77 ...........and as if by magic  no bubles 

• Like 2

And then they come out like this ......not a very good photo for the showing bubbles but you get the gist 

reapers.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Darren

I've done profilm direct over lam-film and I haven't go many bubbles.  I did it by working outwards and holding quite a bit of tension on the film. Even then I still had to go round with a scalpel and pop quiet a few bubbles.  As Andy says probably a breather layer is the way to go.

T

• Like 1

Nahhh spackle is over rated     you just end up with a film bag full of talc after the first impact . just fill the spar slots , ballast tube etc ....sand the bumps out and stick what ever you want over it 

• Like 2