Pitbull 2

Graeme_M

Well that email I sent Friday seems to of done some good.

I now have been given a tracking number.

So fingers and toes crossed it will be at my door soon.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Les said:

Well that email I sent Friday seems to of done some good.

I now have been given a tracking number.

So fingers and toes crossed it will be at my door soon.

Glad to hear your Pitbull 2 is on its way to you at last Les :thumbsup: 

Stu.

I've been a bit quiet because my phone has buttons and the internet connection at home has had problems. Whether or not it has been fixed permanently, I don't know. 

Anyway, Baudis has had a long-standing reputation for a long time for rather good delivery times. I suspect that their current problems may well have to do with the disruption caused by their recent move to a new factory. I agree with those who say that if they are charging a fee for fast delivery using overtime work, they shouldn't also be delaying supplies at the regular price. Despite having visited recently, I heard no hint of any of this while I was there, but it doesn't look good, does it? 

Anyway, as Graeme confirms, I've got mine. I went to Whitesheet to maiden it yesterday in light but better than marginal conditions. As I drove up the lane, Graeme and Tony were leaving, but they turned round and came back to join Chris ('Ribs') and me on the slope. After a few final checks and adjustments, I did a range check and Graeme flung it off for me. Like all good maidens it was a bit of an anticlimax, just went off straight and level, climbing gently in the light air. A couple of passes and turns and I had put on enough height to check the CROW brake compensation, which needed a little bit of tweaking. By the time I landed, Graeme and Tony had gone again, and I had been flying for close to half an hour.

First impressions were all positive. I had just copied the program from the Pitbull I've been flying recently and added a bit of extra elevator movement, because I usually fly with not a lot. The plane is markedly livelier than its predecessor, due partly to the shorter nose and larger ailerons, and I soon found myself shaping the turns better and speeding things up.

Second flight I launched myself, after having adjusted the thermal flap compensation. Having a working thermal mode meant I could more easily add some height, and get some speed on so I had another twenty minutes of fun before the sun started to be a bit of an annoyance, and I landed and went home feeling my time had been well spent. I'm planning a setting up session in Wales as soon as I see an opportunity.

Watch this space, because Chris filmed a lot of the first flight, and will be posting it here as soon as he has edited it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Looks superb Les, can’t wait for mine to arrive.

G

Thanks G

Bloody he'll it's going to be a tight fit up front.

John said he's going to cast us some nose wait and send me mine which is very kind of him.

As soon as I get mine I'll shoehorn the battery and receiver in and get the first flight.

The build quality is excellent and putting aside  my bit of a wait Baudis has done it again with a beautiful looking plane. 

2 hours ago, Les said:

Thanks G

Bloody he'll it's going to be a tight fit up front.

John said he's going to cast us some nose wait and send me mine which is very kind of him.

Yes it’s very tight.

Looking at John’s last weekend, with a bit of careful positioning and his custom nose weight, should give a tight but tidy install.

Espen shared some pictures of his instal on Facebook, and he managed to squeeze in a Jeti 9 channel receiver!

G

• Like 1

Yes, really nice machine Les - well worth the wait. Looking forward to seeing the PB2 on the F3F course!!!!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1

Fitted the lead cone for the nose  that John very kindly made for me this evening. 

It fits perfectly and giving just the right amount of space to allow battery and receiver to go in.👌

Just the maiden now 

20171213_212748.jpg

• Like 2