Pitbull 2

Graeme_M

32 minutes ago, satinet said:

Is jeti assist legal in f3f?

I specifically used the Assist RX in the picture because I knew you would comment 😀 I don’t think it’s illegal but is frowned upon. It’s going in my Discus.

2 hours ago, Brett82 said:

Love that colour pattern on the pitbull.

Very nice Grahame. 

Thanks Brett, unfortunately not my design I’m crap at colour schemes, I simply trawled through the web and picked one I liked.

Graeme

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

Thanks Brett, unfortunately not my design I’m crap at colour schemes, I simply trawled through the web and picked one I liked.

Graeme

It's from the Stribog, isn't it? That would make it a Pitbog.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oipigface said:

It's from the Stribog, isn't it? That would make it a Pitbog.

Spot on John. Pitbog it is 😀

Pleased to hear your Pitbull 2 and a Jedi too :rolleyes: have arrived safely, both look 'Cracking' Graeme. I look forward to seeing them 'on course' soon.

Stu. 

• Like 1

I have finally got my joiner ballast, which has been nicely machined by a guy in Bridport. The dimensions on the Baudis website are wrong, mine have wound up 189mm long. (Length reduced at the fat end.) Total weight of 6 pieces is a little more than 800g. If anyone wants to order a set, let me know and I'll send you the guy's details.

16 hours ago, Peter G said:

Really nice Graham :thumbsup:

I don't know alot about the PB2 yet but slightly concerned there is another guy out there with a Jedi, its a great model!

Cheers Pete,

Standby for the start of 2018 season... I’ve got you in my sights 

Graeme

• Like 1

Completed a successful maiden today on Whitesheet 

First of course the obligatory “just in case” picture 

6E24E0CD-38B0-4176-A3EC-982A1ACBFCB1.thumb.jpeg.9ce9e321f5bbef21a5091047712b41c3.jpeg

Started empty with CG at 104, wind was light but ok, so I chucked it off. As you’d expect It went away straight as a die, flew around for a couple of minutes and landed for some tweaking, CG was also pulled back to 107.

Wind had increased so 500g ballast was added for the second flight. This time it felt much better in pitch, roll rate is superb and crisp, may even reduce it a bit! Turns feel nicely coordinated with just a touch of rudder. Bit more tweaking tomorrow. Happy days😀

G

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

Completed a successful maiden today on Whitesheet 

First of course the obligatory “just in case” picture 

6E24E0CD-38B0-4176-A3EC-982A1ACBFCB1.thumb.jpeg.9ce9e321f5bbef21a5091047712b41c3.jpeg

Started empty with CG at 104, wind was light but ok, so I chucked it off. As you’d expect It went away straight as a die, flew around for a couple of minutes and landed for some tweaking, CG was also pulled back to 107.

Wind had increased so 500g ballast was added for the second flight. This time it felt much better in pitch, roll rate is superb and crisp, may even reduce it a bit! Turns feel nicely coordinated with just a touch of rudder. Bit more tweaking tomorrow. Happy days😀

G

Great one G

Colour scheme look really smart.

• Like 1

Bit more setting up today...

Snap reduced slightly to 3mm, elevator increased a bit and expo reduced to try and improve the turn, however I still couldn't get it to ping. So CG moved back further, it's now at 110mm... it pings now!! Still smooth and stable though no hunting in the straights.

Flew the Jedi and PB2 back to back for comparison, and with the PB2 now @110 they feel very similar, still some way to go until I'm happy though.

G

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

For those of you that want additional ballast Andreas has a tungsten joiner solution for the PB2 and is placing an order soon 

G

58 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

For those of you that want additional ballast Andreas has a tungsten joiner solution for the PB2 and is placing an order soon 

G

Already paid for some and Mike's going to collect it from Andreas at the comp.

8 pieces of tungsten for one wing joiner ,just under 1kg.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Tony maidened his PB2 today, that makes 5 in the club if you include Vick!

G

63378F8C-86CD-499A-87ED-CA56D927737A.thumb.jpeg.fc018d46a4e6923359ee89cebf9d1ce7.jpeg

Nice colours Tony.