Pitbull 2

Graeme_M

Just now, Les said:

Screenshot_20190221-093123_Chrome.jpg

I've been using these for the past year.

Fit perfectly and give you a little room the move back or forward for cg.

PB2 has arrived - just need to finalise the install.

Whats the recommended way to stick the brass balls to the tailplane  torque rods.

I've done it with glue and soldered them on before.  Both work well. Well not fallen off anyway!

Solder - tin the rod and slide the ball on when you remelt the solder.

Glue - clean the rod with acetone. Glue with appropriate ca (e.g. gorilla blue cap). Slide ball in to place.

I buy my 18650 cells from fogstar. Samsung 30Q is cheap and reliable. Although you can get 3500mahs now (and 20700s). 

Alibabaj - is your pack pre made?

1 hour ago, f3fman said:

Thread the rod and put a nut either side of the ball  🙂

Belt and braces! 

I think the ones I’ve had from Baudis have been glued on.

12 hours ago, satinet said:

I buy my 18650 cells from fogstar. Samsung 30Q is cheap and reliable. Although you can get 3500mahs now (and 20700s). 

Alibabaj - is your pack pre made?

Yes it came from overlander

23 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

78DA6DE5-2470-4A0A-B3D1-F6A7D2328B9C.thumb.jpeg.d82cc5b68f6101d64413dda26ba4aaa1.jpeg

Looking good Mike,

Mine arrived Thursday, the new extra carbon Fuz is like a baseball bat super stiff!

Thought I’d go a bit retro with the colour this time

G

A9545881-6304-4293-809D-FB8F84D3DDE9.thumb.jpeg.65e3330964b34a0135f2c1a3b9db41ce.jpeg

• Like 5

Well, Graeme, since you’ve shown yours, I’d better show you mine. I like the new wing bags!

As you can see, I’ve returned to a colour scheme I can be sure is visible.

A74F68F9-356A-4554-9BB2-765F4BC47095.thumb.jpeg.b7aa74f2c07b4dd22f3ee396593ec162.jpeg

A0D0E4B3-7D3F-496D-BCA1-2E9CC3577228.thumb.jpeg.2d7c6da81b637d3577c97f08ec2db7c1.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
isoaritfirst

I have had a reply from Baudis that they use Loctite 603 for fixing the brass balls onto the tailplane torque rods. I do recall now that I be used this before, it works well and dries at a suitable rate for positioning. 

Battery,  I managed to fit the same cells I use in all my F3f models. Hyperion Life 2100 pack. It is very tight and took a level of rework to achieve, but I do like running the same cell in all as it makes it easier to see if things are performing equally. 

isoaritfirst

I took the pb2 to the long Mynd comp yesterday and hoped to maiden before the comp. big blustery winds and heavy rain had other ideas. 

The sun came out but the wind remains very very blustery and strong so I flew the Shinto for the comp. 

I did then get chance after the comp. still far from ideal for a test flight, still big turbulent lift. 

8 of the 10 wing tungsten pieces added, which I considered on the light side of what was needed. 

Flew fantastically well.  One climb out and immediately into running the course and flying aggressively. Such a confident model. The settings that I programmed in were spot on. Just adding a few clicks of down elevator to make it dive slightly was all I did. 

I may add a fraction more aileron, but diff and snap etc all looked great. Em was smooth and controllable through large sweeping turns and bank and yank never showed any signs of letting go despite times when the model was being forced to try to upset it. 

Great first flight. 

• Like 2

Baldyslapnut

It will be interesting to see you get on with the PB2 and how it compares with your Shinto.

Without question in good air it is very quick. Dave and Is say it is a point and shot plane. It is neutrally stable. Almost like flying a aerobatic plane.

I am not convinced for me it unlocks the best out of my flying.

I have a Pitbull 1 on the way to compare.

Regards

Greg

Also maidened mine yesterday in far from ideal conditions. 40+ mph, 1.5kg onboard, 45deg crossed, launching by myself😬. Discretion being the better part of valour, perhaps I should have waited but I chucked it off anyway. Despite the conditions it went very well, and got on step very quick.

G

• Like 5

Baldyslapnut

Does anyone know if the Pitbull 2 wing joiner is the same dimension as the Pitbull 1 wing joiner please?

Happy  Landings

Greg

57 minutes ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Does anyone know if the Pitbull 2 wing joiner is the same dimension as the Pitbull 1 wing joiner please?

Happy  Landings

Greg

The PB2 has a shorter wing joiner Greg.

Around 15mm so you can't swop wings .

Baldyslapnut

Cheers Les.

A Pitbull 2 joiner would go in  a Pitbull 1 though.

Regards

Greg

1 hour ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Cheers Les.

A Pitbull 2 joiner would go in  a Pitbull 1 though.

Regards

Greg

Yes but it's just a bit shorter.

You can't swop wings from 1 to 2 though.