Bartletts League 13thAugust--RESULTS

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Thanks for that Roger. Both flying 2.6m models, who will be flying Open as well ?

Pilots start to arrive on the field at about  8.30/9am and we usually get first flights starting  at about 10am.

I`ll be flying Open Pete and we will both be flying very non competitive Radian XL`s in 2.6.

Look forward to meeting up with all on Sunday especially if the wx stays as forecast, the Met is always right isn`t it?

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell
3 hours ago, Kikapu said:

Yawn.  More pot hunting elitists!

Peter

Behave:D

Thanks Guys  for all entries.

Matrix now run,  with a spare included just in case;)

See you Sunday.

4 hours ago, Kikapu said:

Yawn.  More pot hunting elitists!

Peter

LOVL. Sorry I can't be there, weather looks perfect. Hope you all have a great time.

Peter is a Good Guy, in so many ways, a Bartlett's competitor who also travels down to Kent for comps there doing favours like collecting models from afar and bringing the two by 2.5m wings and huge fuselage over 150 miles. Yes he was joking Pete.

Aw-shucks, Ian.  That was good of you.  Thank you for coming to my rescue.   I must remember to use those funny little faces to indicate irony in future. ;)  

Hi guys,

The last two weeks, I have had increasingly worsening hayfever and blocked sinuses. My anti-histamines have had no effect this time, despite trebling the recommended dose.

After much hoping that I would be ok, it has not subsided and it would be foolhardy to commit myself to a day in a field, with a drive home at the end of it, so I am not going to attend today.

Sorry to muck you about.

Hope the event runs well and you all have a great day. 

Best regards,

Jef

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

After the recent spell of wind and rain, we were again lucky to enjoy another excellent days flying  at Bartletts.

As usual at this time of year, family duty reduced the entry number and a few late drop outs due to health issues made for late night last minute matrix juggling.

Fortunately entry numbers remained good because the minor change to our rules, which also makes the comp a full BARCS League event, encouraged several new  (to Bartletts) pilots to try the event.

Whilst conditions looked ideal with light wind, sunshine and puffy clouds, lift was difficult. Many slots early on required pilots to re- launch, and only a few full length times were recorded.

It got much better as the day progressed and this can be seen in the attached results. The lift at times was very strong, and sadly two models were lost when their wings failed due to v.n.e  as they descended from height.

BARCS President Sydney Lensson enjoyed the day with us, and two new pilots (virgins in their words) also entered with foamy type models. They all flew very well, and new guy Roger Robbin won this battle.

Thanks to all for help with setting up and retrieving the equipment.

All in all, a very good day.

Corrected.png

Corrected.pdf

• Like 4

Well done Pete,

Looks like it was a good day.  Shame I couldn't make it.  Hope tho get to the next one :-)

Regards

Eamon

Hi Pete and All

As The Beadle says he guided us to the site after us having visited most of Essex :cry: . To be fair the satnav did put us right on the spot but the failing eyesight of John and I failed to spot the farm sign. Never mind we know where it is now.

Pete M -  Thanks for a well run friendly comp and being kind to us first timers, I`ll try and not to miss any flights next time, although I think it may take 2 bottles of plonk to get me back again :whistle::thumbsup:.