2017 Free Flight World Champs

martynk

F1C day

After 5 rounds,  28 (out of  80) through to the flyoff including two GBR fliers, Alan Jack and Ken Faux. Unfortunately, Simon Dixon dropped 27 seconds in round 2. Only 2 teams (France and China) with full houses at this stage so GBR still in with chance of a team bronze

Quite a few big names dropped in round 5, Its very hot out there according to the local weather forecast, it must have been quite tricky. 

And Doh.. Of course GBR must have a Bronze..

Well done F1C team so far.. 

Team Results Official.. Yaaay   :):):D

image.png.fd82d710aba49f1ce97ff7b50632aa81.png

China3060

France3060

United Kingdom3033

Lithuania3029

Israel2957

Mongolia2952

Canada2914

Poland2909

Ukraine2880

Slovenia2848

USA2821

Austria2802

Italy2798

Russia2736

Serbia2686

Czech Republic2652

Japan 2542

Argentina2515

Germany2431

Hungary2374

Australia2309

Kingdom of Sweden2188

Estonia2036

Bulgaria2002

Kazakhstan1763

Finland1597

Belarus1020

Croatia1020

Switzerland1020

Latvia983

Looks like the air for the Group 2 flyoff was somewhat better than Group 1 (when Ken Faux and Alan Jack flew). In Group 2, 7 progressed to the second flyoff, in Group 1, only 2.

Not sure this flyoff grouping is entirely fair.. 

8 minutes ago, martynk said:

Looks like the air for the Group 2 flyoff was somewhat better than Group 1 (when Ken Faux and Alan Jack flew). In Group 2, 7 progressed to the second flyoff, in Group 1, only 2.

Not sure this flyoff grouping is entirely fair.. 

5 from group one went through

Ah , I don't think I understand how this grouping works..

I thought it was only the two with 360 but clearly that's not the case now I have had a second look.

From the Sporting Code....

——————

f)  If the number of competitors in a flyoff is 12 or more and is greater than 25% of the number of competitors in the competition, then the flyoff may be split into two groups:

1)  The number of competitors in each group will be as closely as possible equal

2)  Competitors are allocated a group and starting position by a single draw

3)  A flyoff is flown for each group according to the other regulations of 3.1.8

4)  The second group flyoff must be flown as soon as possible after the first group.

5)  From both groups all flyers who achieve the maximum duration proceed to the next round

6)  An equal number of flyers from each group may proceed to the next round by including competitors from one group those with the best flights below the maximum time, providing the flight times are at least 75% of the maximum.

7)  If the selections (5) and (6) result in fewer than 4 competitors proceeding to the next round, then the two competitors with the highest flight times in each of the groups will proceed to the next round.

8)  Competitors eliminated in group flyoffs will be classified with final placing according to time achieved in the group flyoff

9)  Competitors proceeding from group flyoffs to the later flyoffs will be classified only by times achieved in the later flyoffs after the group stages. The times in group stages do not count in their classification. 

———————

They are supposed to hold the two fly-offs as close together as possible to get similar weather but, as here, if there's good air in one round....

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike

There is such a disparity between the results for FO1 and FO2. Hopefully we will get the full flyoff story but Kens flight in particular was poor, he may have gone off pattern but it could have been pretty awful air as well. Based upon the code above, Alan Jack just failed to qualify for FO2, a great shame

I've just realised that Alan Jack missed the second fly-off by one second.  75% of 360 is 270 - Al had 269.....

oops - typing at the same time - Martyn was ahead of me.

F1B 5 round results just posted.

Russell Peers is through to the Flyoff (along with 40 others).

Mike Woolner dropped 2 seconds on the last round, Peter Brown dropped 62 seconds in the last round. I think there are 5  (edit) 3 teams with full houses at this stage

Russel scored 308 in four which qualified him for fo2. Scored 265 in fo2 for a very creditable 13th overall. 

GBR came 5th as a team. IMHO, a very good result. Well done

Heading for Dover tomorrow so it will be a rest stop when I get the results for F1A glider day