Skorpion Repair Help

Brett82

2 hours ago, AnthonyB said:

Saw this Scorpion thread and thought that someone else was messing with one.

How wrong could I be. Anyway, it does fly quicker than the rest of my similar sized models (except for my RFM Surprise).

ScorPre.JPG

Close Anthony, but not quite the same...

Looks really nice though, Im sure you get some good fun out of it.

Mr Pilot, the grass was wet through and I did not want to get it wet.

Mr Beadle, I look here most days, I was not using a search engine.

Brett, it was a part made new kit. There were a few "botches" which needed repair. The Skorpion must have a thicker / stronger skin than this. I doubt it is harder to work on than this was - about 2mm of delicate foamed material and paper-like surface. Any way, all done now. The C of G is documented as 78mm back - now it is at 81 it is an absolute dream.

• Like 1

It looks really interesting. I haven't seen one of these before and it looks bigger in the picture than it is. On the Soaring USA site and it says 2.3 meter (91") but I thought it was closer to the 2.9 meter span of my F3F Skorpion. To be honest I don't know much about F5J so that's probably why I don't know it. 

It was a pleasure to meet up with Brett at the wknds F3f comps in Wales. I now have his skorpion in my workshop for some Gromit TLC :)

Stu.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gromit said:

It was a pleasure to meet up with Brett at the wknds F3f comps in Wales. I now have his skorpion in my workshop for some Gromit TLC :)

Stu.  

That makes me feel all warm and happy inside... In the non perverted strange way Scott and Andy!!! Haha.

It was great to meet you too Stu, I wish we could have chatted a lot more but as you were flying straight after me we just didn't seem to have a chance to chat and I was so focused on trying to fix my setup between rounds which didn't help either.

As I said, no pressure to get it completed quickly but as and when you get some pics please post them. I would love to see how you are doing the repair and I'm sure there are a few other on here thinking the same. 

Thanks again buddy.

• Like 2