Midlands Winter F3F 2017 / 2018

isoaritfirst

sorry guys it’s another cancellation I’m afraid. 

Forecast is greAt for Pole Cot. But this is a reserve date 

also insufficient entries. 

That is a pity guys, I forgot reserve dates won't get flown if it's on Pole Cott. 

I've been so grumpy the last few days thinking it would be on and I was going to miss out on an awesome competition at Pole Cott. 

2 more weeks to wait... 

• 2 weeks later...

This Saturday is comp day.

Weather call tomorrow and unfortunately it currently looks unlikely.

Nice wind, nice direction, sun out, but blinking cold and with snow forecast for Friday the road is likely to be too dangerous.

Final decision tomorrow after its snowed. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Here is a link to the mynd cam

Something tells me there wont be as much green in the picture come this time tomorrow.... Have you seen the MetOffice's forecast for tomorrow and Saturday? 

I cant believe the number of people moaning about being stuck ......its 5mm of snow ................there going to die tomorrow ....food shortages ..quick stock up on bread and baked beans ..it'll be worse than black friday and cyber monday combined 

• Like 1

Yes, but. 

My home is at a similar height to the top of the Mynd, and surrounded by hills and folks stuck at every corner. 

So now you have your winter tyres fitted can you bring me some provisions. Beans and bread will be fine. 

But but but ..quickly run   (sorry walk) down to the local shop (that isnt there) in your PJ's (as you better be quick no time to dress)......god forbid we get snow on the broadband line ..or it blocks all the mobile phone airways .....................

log fire in the local tonight ......time to  reflect on the days events .........:popcorn: 

26 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

log fire in the local tonight ......time to  reflect on the days events .........:popcorn: 

That sounds good after the week I've had at work... Wish I could join you mate (although I probably wouldn't survive the apocalypse that would besiege me whilst on my journey) :poke:

On 19/11/2017 at 13:16, abbof3f said:

27 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

This may help 

:no:

Sorry - another ones gone!

Anyone for sledging then😎?