Southern Winter League F3F 2017 / 18.

Gromit

Hi All,

Having successfully staged both rounds 1 & 2, the reserve date for these two comps of Dec 10th is therefore no longer required.

Forthcoming Southern Winter League dates.

Round 3 is Sund Jan 28th 2018.

Round 4 is Sund Feb 25th 2018.

Reserve date for these 2 comps of Mar 11th 2018.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Entry is now open to the Southern Winter League F3f round 3.

The regional Winter league F3f comps are the perfect introduction to F3f. Newcomers to F3f are encouraged to come along to find out more, & to experience this exciting branch of our sport.  You will be made very welcome, & given help, hints, tips & advice on all things F3f.  Its through these winter lg comps that very many regular F3f pilots themselves started out.

As in the previous rounds we have the use of Whitesheet, Butser hill & several Eastbourne slopes, so as to cater for all wind directions.

Meet time ;- 9.00am.

Venue ;-  I will announce the confirmed venue at the earliest opportunity following study of the various wind direction forecasts.  ( Venue Advisory ;- At time of posting, the present long range forecast puts us on Whitesheet )

Please include in your entry the venues that you will travel too, ie Whitesheet, Butser, Eastbourne, All. I need this info to ensure enough numbers attending each venue. 

To enter, Please send the following entry details to myself at swallacegromit@aol.com

BMFA insurance number,  ( you have remembered to already renew yours haven't you :poke: )

Freq, 2.4 or 35 meg incl channel

Model names, up to 3.

Southern Winter League round 3 entry list., ( I will update the below list regularly throughout the coming week)

1.  Sam Wallace         2.4                  Willow 1                                     

2.  Stuart Wallace      2.4                  Radical, Pitbull.                         

3.  Pete Burgess         2.4                  Pitbull                                        

4.  Allen Elliot              2.4                  Needle 115, & 124                   

5.  Martin Church       2.4                  Jedi Lift, Crossover, Race MX .    

6.  Nigel Witchalls       2.4                  Pitbull, Ceres.                           

7 . Ian Falconer            2.4                  Shinto, Jedi

8.  John Treble             2.4                  Pitbulls 1 & 2. 

9.  Mark Passingham  2.4                  Freestyler 3.

10. Phil Taylor              2.4                  Crylic. Radical.

11. Martin Drewett       2.4                 Jedi, Pitbull.

12. Chris Lamming       2.4                 Willow 1

13.  Tony Robertson     2.4                  Ascot,  Freestyler 4, Alliaj HM 

14.  Kyle Millet               2.4                  Willow 2

15.  Graeme Mahoney  2.4                  FSL 

16. Tim Brocklehurst    2.4                   Erwin XL 

17. John Philips             2.4                  Drops . 

18. Mike Shellim            2.4                  Needle 115, Sting. 

19.  Bruce Hudson         2.4                  Osprey. 

• Austin changed the title to Southern Winter League F3F 2017 / 18.

A 'Cracking' start to the entry list for rd 3 of the Southern Winter League, we presently have 13 confirmed entries :thumbsup:

Venue Advisory ( not as yet confirmation)  ;-  Both the BBC & XC forecasts continue to show a long run of NW - SW winds. Should this continue Whitesheet would be the venue.

For convenience here are the links ;- 

BBC  ;-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730

XC ;-      http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/mere_wiltshire

2 hours ago, kylemillett87 said:

Email sent 

Thanks for your email Kyle, reply sent.

We  look forward to meeting you & welcoming you to your first F3f comp, i'm sure you will have an enjoyable day  :thumbsup:

Entry list is up to date, we presently have a very good 15 confirmed entries  :thumbsup:

Venue advisory ;- This remains as being Whitesheet. 

Stu. 

Hi All,

Venue Advisory ;- As at 9.30 pm this evening (Thursday) this remains as being Whitesheet .

The entry list is up to date :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

Weather call ;- I plan to make / post the weather call this evening at around 8.00pm .

Venue advisory ;- Again, at around 8.00pm this evening .

Entry closure ;- It would be very helpful to me & I would much appreciate to have received all entries by 10.00pm this evening. I will however accept late entries & on the day. 

Hi All,

Within the last few minutes the BBC forecast (usually the most reliable for Whitesheet ) have changed their forecast for Sunday from it being a dry day, to one now forecasting 5hrs of rain throughout the day :frantics:.  XC however continue to forecast a dry day with broken cloud .  

BBC  ;-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730 

XC ;-      http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/mere_wiltshire 

In view of this I am therefore going to delay the weather call until midday tomorrow . 

Stu. Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

• Like 1

The BBC obviously cant make up their minds,  they have now changed their forecast again & are now forecasting sunday to be an overcast but dry day :).

Hopefully they will have made their minds up by my lunchtime weather call  tomoz. at around 12 noon.

Oh the joys of organising comps :frantics:

Stu. 

Hi All,

I am delighted to announce that round 3 of the Southern Winter League is ON , the venue is Whitesheet :thumbsup:

The BBC & XC forecasts agree on tomorrow being a mild dry day, with a 12-13 mph WSW. mild at 11 degree's.

We have an excellent entry of 18 pilots.

I am delighted that the amongst the entry list are several newcomers to F3f. I know that these pilots will be made very welcome by all, & will be freely given hints tips &advice on all things F3f. 

Meet time is 9.00 am along the byeway at the top of Whitesheet. (note ;- do not attempt to drive through the water a few yards past the SW kissing gate, this water is very, very deep)

I myself plan to arrive early to start setting up at around 8.15am. As always it would be very helpful & much appreciated to have some eager helping hands to do this. This will enable racing to get underway as early as possible. 

Entry fee is £5.00. (note ;- correct money would be much appreciated) 

Entry remains open & I will accept these on the day. However, It would be very helpful to me & I would very much appreciate receiving all further entries by 8.00pm this evening.

The hard core track that climbs up to the top of Whitesheet is now showing signs of wear in places, the water run off humps stand quite proud. A little care is therefore advised when negotiating these if your car exhaust is particularly low to the ground. 

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Gromit said:

do not attempt to drive through the water a few yards past the SW kissing gate, this water is very, very deep)

Ask Pete Burgess, the man who knows!

kylemillett87
1 hour ago, Gromit said:

(note ;- do not attempt to drive through the water a few yards past the SW kissing gate, this water is very, very deep)

I've got a video go a SSE Van attempt :) 

Southern Winter League round 3 entry list.

Pilot                        Freq                  Model. 

1.  Sam Wallace         2.4                  Willow 1                                     

2.  Stuart Wallace      2.4                  Radical, Pitbull.                         

3.  Pete Burgess         2.4                  Pitbull                                        

4.  Allen Elliot              2.4                  Needle 115, & 124                   

5.  Martin Church       2.4                  Jedi Lift, Crossover, Race MX .    

6.  Nigel Witchalls       2.4                  Pitbull, Ceres.                           

7 . Ian Falconer            2.4                  Shinto, Jedi

8.  John Treble             2.4                  Pitbulls 1 & 2. 

9.  Mark Passingham  2.4                  Freestyler 3.

10. Phil Taylor              2.4                  Crylic. Radical.

11. Martin Drewett       2.4                 Jedi, Pitbull.

12. Chris Lamming       2.4                 Willow 1

13.  Tony Robertson     2.4                  Ascot,  Freestyler 4, Alliaj HM 

14.  Kyle Millet               2.4                  Willow 2

15.  Graeme Mahoney  2.4                  FSL 

16. Tim Brocklehurst    2.4                   Erwin XL 

17. John Philips             2.4                  Drops . 

18. Mike Shellim            2.4                  Needle 115, Sting. 

19.  Bruce Hudson         2.4                  Osprey.

'Cracking' support for tomorrows comp, my thanks to you All. 

Stu  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Great to see a winter comp with a few newbies as well as a good entry list. 

Really hope that it’s a good day for you all. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

have a great day Stu ........

What about the rest of us, Andy? I'm going to have a great day whatever happens. I don't remember my last comp.

• Like 1